About BDO South Africa Inc.
BDO is an international organisation (known priorly as BDO Spencer Steward). BDO is an accounting company that also specialises business advisor services and auditing. They are therefore keen to find and assist bright students that are looking for a career in Chartered Accounting.
BDO South Africa Inc. Bursaries
Students with a strong acumen for finance will usually have the best chance of qualifying for a Chartered Accountant qualification and more likely to be selected. The selected applicant should have a strong academic record and show financial need. Successful applicants will then be asked to work at BDO SA for the equivalent time of the bursary as an exchange.
This bursary covers both academic fees and book allowances. Bursary values can vary across different BDO offices in South Africa. This Bursary is subject to requirements and is renewable only if the student meets the said conditions.
BDO South Africa Inc. Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Minimum pre-requisits before applying for the bursary:
- Students or potential students of Chartered Accountant qualification.
- Students who are currently registered for a degree in Accounting, or equivalent qualification at a University accredited by the SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants).
- Students who have NOT received prior financial assistance or bursary funding
Students should also meet the below academic criteria:
Grade 12 students:
- Minimum B Grade in Mathematics Higher grade
- Minimum B Grade in English Higher grade (first or second language)
- Minimum 70% average mark
Current University students:
- Minimum of 70% in Accounts I
- Minimum of 70% in Accounts II
- Minimum of 65% in Accounts III
Applicants which do meet the above will then be invited for an interview and psychometric testing.
How to Apply and Application Details
1) Complete the application form which can be found here: BDO Spencer Steward Bursary Application Form (pdf)
Submit the completed application form with any supporting documents to the Human Resources Department through one of the following methods:
Fax: 011 488 1783
2.) Alternatively, you can also apply online at: http://bdo.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/Categories/Bursaries/
31 October every year
Tel: 011 488 1700
Fax: 011 488 1783