Ernst & Young Bursaries
Ernst & Young wish to support individuals personally and professionally by providing a working atmosphere with some of the world’s successful companies.
Ernst & Young offer bursaries to students who are able to provide strong academic success and who they think will be a good fit for the company and thus help towards the continued growth. The bursaries are particularly for students that are interested in the Chartered Accountant qualifications. Applicants are accepted from students from all major cities in South Africa.
All Bursaries will be given to those persons who the firm believes have the commitment to qualify as a Chartered Accountant (SA), have an academic record which indicated the ability to do so and with due regard to financial need.
About Ernst & Young South Africa
Ernst & Young is committed to delivering professional services in consulting, financial advisory, tax advisory, assurance and legal. The company was founded back in the 19th century, with Arthur Young and Alwin C Ernst considered as founders.
Arthur Young finished his law degree but shifted to banking and investment industry and pursued his accounting career. He formed Arthur Young & Company, an accounting firm, in 1906. Alwin C Ernst worked as a bookkeeper and formed Ernst & Ernst, a small public accounting firm, in 1903.
Both accounting firms entered global marketplace allying with well known British firms namely Broads Paterson & Co with Arthur Young & Company and Whinney Smith & Whinney with Ernst & Ernst. Though both men have never met in life, their ideals lived and were brought together as a foundation to establish today’s Ernst & Young.
Ernst & Young Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- For Matric students: Minimum “C” grade in June exams for Mathematics
- For Tertiary students: Minimum of 60% at the end of year or June exams for each subject and must be studying at a SAICA recognized institution.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Visit: https://tas-ey.taleo.net/careersection/gcam01/jobdetail.ftl
- Click on “Advanced Search” and type the word “bursary” in the Keywords textbox
- Choose your appropriate location
- Click “Search for Jobs”
- Click the result, register an account and apply online for the Ernst & Young Bursary.
Submit the following documents with your application form:
- ID (certified copy),
- Matric results certificate (certified copy),
- Latest academic record (certified copy),
- Curriculum vitae
None. Open annually.
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as this bursary does not have an appointed time of closing date.
Tel: 021 443 0292 or 011 772 3000
Email: [email protected]om