The Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET) is a public entity established in terms of the Skills Development Act (Act 97 of 1998) and Skills Development Levies Act (Act no 9 of 1999). It serves the finance and accounting services sector such as investment entities, stockbroking and financial markets, financial development organisations, accounting, bookkeeping, auditing and tax services, business and management consulting services, the South African Revenue Service, the national and provincial treasuries and other ventures serving financial processes such as debt collection.
FASSET offers bursaries to South African learners who are at least in 2nd year and are registered for an undergraduate qualification in BCom Finance, BCom Accounting and BCom Economics at University of the Western Cape.
The bursary covers tuition fees. A fixed amount for textbooks and other academic essentials may be awarded according to funds availability.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens, Black and Coloured learners in the Western and Northern Cape learners and/or became a South African citizen before 27 April 1994
- Enrolled 2nd year students (higher years are also eligible) for an undergraduate qualification in BCom Finance, BCom Accounting and BCom Economics at UWC
- Passed the modules from the previous year of study
- Maximum R600 000 per annum gross combined household income (income before deductions)
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the FASSET bursary application form.
- Attach certified copies of the following documents together with the completed application form:
- South African ID of applicant
- Latest academic record
- Birth certificates or ID’s of all family members
- Parent/Guardian/Applicant Marriage certificate, if applicable
- Death certificate of parent/guardian, if applicable
- Proof of legal guardian, if applicable
- Parents full divorce agreement, if applicable
- Proof from Home Affairs or SMS (M ID NUM to 32551) proving marital status and an affidavit stating details about the other parent, for single parents
- Letter from Department of Labour, for those who have siblings who are less than 18 years old, unemployed and not studying
- Proof of registration, for those who have siblings studying at FET College or at a tertiary institution
- Proof of separation or report from Department of Social Services, if parents are married but separated
- Parents/Guardian proof of income:
- Employed: Salary/Wage/Pay slips
- Informal Trader/Hawker: Any valid proof of income, Proof of Lease Agreement (if renting accommodation)
- Commission Earner: IRP5, IT3 and last 2 years IT12
- Members of a CC/PTY (LTD) and/or Sole Proprietor: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, last 2 years IT14 (tax return for business), last 2 years IT 12 (tax return for individual), last 2 years IT3 (Income Tax Certificate from the Bank)
- Unemployed: Official letter from the Department of Labour showing unemployment status or Affidavit Proof of family financial support
- Pensioned: Proof of pension/grant/maintenance/rental/interest from investment
- Submit complete application and documents to the Financial Aid Office to Ms Nomaphelo Malamlela at UWC Prefabs behind Student Administration Building.
Opening & Closing Date
28 February 2019
Address: 296 Kent Avenue Randburg
Post: PO Box 6801 Cresta 2118 Gauteng
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (011) 476 8570
Fax: (011) 476 5756