As a leading institution of management accounting and strategy education and training, IMAS (Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy) has international recognition and specialization in business and accounting qualifications (at a professional level) in addition to academic qualifications in business administration.
IMAS offers the following three paths:
1) CIMA: This program is designed for candidates who are interested in finance, management, business, accounting, risk management, strategy and consulting. It is also one of the largest management accounts associations in the world.
2) ACCA: The program is designed for candidates interested in careers in accounting, taxation, external and internal auditing, and financing, as well as business. It is recognized as one of the world’s largest associations of professional accountants.
3) ICB: ICB (Institute of Certified Bookkeepers) offers candidates the choice of choosing their core specifications from financial accounting, business management, or office administration.
IMAS (Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy) continues to provide students with a high standard of education at both part-time and full-time levels. They also provide their students with the option of taking Live Virtual Classes from the comfort and convenience of their own homes.
Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy (IMAS) Bursary
IMAS (Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy) in partnership with FASSET (Finance and Accounting Services SETA) invites applications from unemployed graduates and matriculants to apply for the IMAS bursary programme 2022.
IMAS will provide bursaries to 30 students studying toward one of the following Global Professional Accounting Qualifications:
- CIMA (Chartered Management Accountant)
- ACCA (Chartered Certified Accountant)
The studies will start from May 2022 on a full-time or part-time basis either through Zoom classes or at the IMAS Braamfontein Campus.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, exemption fees, study materials, subscription fees, professional registration fees, and examination fees (limited to one attempt per subject). The bursary does not provide the following benefits: accommodation, transport, and living allowance.
If you have not received any email by 15 April 2022, you can regard your application as unsuccessful. Candidates selected for the bursary will be contacted by email no later than that date.
For an application to be considered, you must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements. Your application will not be considered if you do not meet all the requirements:
- You must be a citizen of South Africa
- It is mandatory to be Black (Coloured, African, or Indian – White students will not be funded beyond 20%)
- Applicants must have completed either of the following qualifications:
- Matriculation in the year 2020 or 2021
- Bachelor’s degree, BCom or national diploma from an accredited and recognized South African tertiary institution either in 2020 or 2021
- The applicant must be unemployed at the time of application
How to Apply?
To apply, please submit your application online at IMAS Bursary Application 2022
Along with your online application, please upload clear copies of the below-listed supporting documents. It is mandatory to submit all the compulsory documents. Applications without the required documents may get disqualified.
- Document of identification (certified copy)
- Certified copy of matriculation completion certificate for students who have completed their matric either in 2020 or 2021.
- Certified copy of your graduation certificate and academic transcript, if you are graduating either in 2020 or 2021.
- Result of recent tertiary studies (on letterhead of tertiary institution)
The application deadline is 14 April 2022. Please do not submit your application after the closing date, as applications received after that date will not be considered.
Please contact IMAS directly if you have any questions about this bursary program:
Name of contact person: Thabang Matsena
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 086 143 4333
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.