KPMG was founded back in 1895 from two main firms namely Aiken & Carter and Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co, from which the merger happened in 1987. In 2002, another integration occured with the accounting firms Andersen and KMMT. KPMG is based on the abbreviation of the names of one of the principal founding members namely Klynveld, Peat, Marwick and Goerdeler.
Today, KPMG operates as a global network of independent member firms providing audit, tax and advisory services. The firm offer services to business corporations, governments and public sector agencies and not-for-profit organisations. KPMG member firms can be found in 155 countries and employ more than 162,000 professionals.
At KPMG, two bursary opportunities are offered for students who are studying towards becoming SAICA accredited Chartered Accountants or CAs(SA).
KPMG bursaries are classified into Pure Merit Bursary and Merit Bursary with Financial Needs. Both require excellent academic performance and records as a basis.
Pure Merit Bursary is for qualified applicants who do not need extensive funding for studies.
Merit Bursary with Financial Needs bursary is for qualified applicants who are unable to attend university without significant financial support.
Bursaries are awarded according to the skills needed in the professional services marketplace as well as KPMG’s skills needs.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Full-time students of a SAICA recognised degree at a SAICA accredited tertiary education institution
- Consistent academic achievements throughout the period of study
- Minimum 4 A’s excl LO average for Matric applicants
- Minimum 65% average and 70% in Financial Accounting for 1st Year applicants
- Minimum 65% average and 65% in Financial Accounting for 2nd Year applicants
- Minimum 60% average and 60% in Financial Accounting for 3rd Year applicants
- Minimum 50% average and 55% in Financial Accounting for CTA applicants
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and complete the KPMG Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Attached the following documents along with your application form:
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of your ID
- Matric results
- Grade 11 results (if in Matric)
- University results (if in university)
If applying for a Merit with Financial Need bursary, please add:
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ 3 months bank statements AND utility bill if unemployed)
Applications must need to submit electronically via email to email@example.com
(Insert the words “KPMG Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
None. Open annually
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as this bursary does not have an appointed time of closing date, candidates applying are urged to send their applications ahead of time, so it reaches them before the closing date.
Address: KPMG Wanooka Place St Andrews Rd Parktown
Post: Private Bag 9 Parkview
Tel: +27 (0)11 647 7111
Fax: +27 (0)11 647 8000
Address: Cnr The Hillside Street & Klarinet Road, Lynnwood
Post: P.O. Box 11265
Tel: +27 12 431 1300
Address: MSC House 1 Mediteranean Street Foreshore
Post: P.O. Box 4609
Tel: +27 21 408 7000
Fax: +27 21 408 7100
Address: 5 Arundel Close KPMG House, Kingsmead Office Park
Post: P.O. Box 1496
Tel: +27 31 327 6000
Address: 200 Nelson Mandela Drive, Bloemfontein
Post: P.O. Box 12060, Brandhof
Tel: +27 51 403 2700
Address: Suite 502 The Pinnacle 1 Parkin Street
Post: Private Bag X11255
Tel: +27 13 752 7131
Address: 5 Dimitri Crescent Platinum Park
Post: P.O. Box 354
Tel: +27 15 298 4400
Fax: +27 15 297 1403
Address: Suite 301 Medforum Building Central Business District
Post: P.O. Box 904