About Price Waterhouse Coopers
Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) is a network of firms that provides assurance, tax and advisory services to several industries. It has 23 offices in South Africa as well as operates in 34 countries throughout the African continent and 157 countries worldwide.
Price Waterhouse Coopers Bursaries
PwC created a bursary scheme which is available to students studying towards a Chartered Accountant (CA) degree at a South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) accredited university. The programme aims to attract young people who have the potential to the firm. Bursaries do not cover the full tuition, accommodation and books expenses and as a result applicants must be prepared to pay a portion of their tuition costs at their own expense. Upon graduation, bursary holders will be required to work for PwC on a training contract where duration depends on the value of the bursary awarded.
PwC Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Need to be doing Pure Mathematics and not Maths Literacy as well as English.
- Must be obtaining over 60% for all your subjects.
- Proficient in English with strong communication skills
- Be involved in extramural activities at school and/or university.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Determination and commitment
- Strong leadership potential
- Full time students or intending to study towards a qualification as a Chartered Accountants (CA) at SAICA accredited institutions
Additional requirements for matriculants:
- You must have a minimum of a Level 6 in Mathematics and English (1st or 2nd language), and an overall average of 70%
- Matric exemption and university acceptance
Additional requirements for university students:
- First-year student must pass all University courses with an average of at least 65%
- Second-year student must pass all University courses with an average of at least 60%
- Third and fourth-year students must pass all courses consistently and must qualify for honours according to the relevant university
- 60% or above for Accounting
How to Apply and Application Details
You can apply either of the following methods:
- Download and complete the PWC Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
- Apply online.
Accompany the following documents with your application:
- Copy of transcript of records
- Copy of academic results
- Copy of Grade 12 certificate, if applicable
- Copy of recent final marks achieved for Grade 11 and June marks, if applicable
PWC bursary has multiple closing dates for the different locations. They are as follow:
- Central Region: (Mafikeng, Bloemfontein, Kimberley, Welkom Offices) – 31 August.
- Eastern Cape: (Port Elizabeth, East London Offices) – 31 October.
- Gauteng: (Johannesburg, Pretoria Offices) – 31 December.
- KwaZulu-Natal: (Durban, Pietermaritzburg Offices) – 31 July.
- North East Region: (Nelspruit, Middleburg, Emalahleni Offices) – 30 September.
- Western Cape: (Cape Town, Paarl, Stellenbosch, Robertson, Worcester Offices) – 12 August.
Address: 2 Eglin Road Sunninghill 2157 South Africa
Post: Private Bag X36 Sunninghill 2157 South Africa
Telephone: +27 (0)11 797 4000
Fax: +27 (0)11 209 5800
Address: 32 Ida Street Menlyn Park 0102 Pretoria South Africa
Post: P O Box 35296 Menlo Park 0102 South Africa
Telephone: +27 (0)12 429 0000
Fax: +27 (0)12 429 0100