SAICA Thuthuka Bursaries
Thuthuka is searching annually for scholastically excellent students who would like to be Chartered Accountants. This SAICA Thuthuka bursary fund is particularly aimed at students who are strong at Mathematics, however, those who perform strongly in other subjects should not be put off applying.
The only accredited universities working with Thuthuka are:
- University of Johannesburg (UJ) – Bachelor of Accounting (Course Code BCA012)
- University of Cape Town (UCT) – B Com (Course Code CB023)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMU) – BComAccounting (Course Code 40003)
- Rhodes University – Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Stellenbosch University (SU) – B Com Accounting/B Rek (Course Code 3091001)
- University of Pretoria (UP) – B Com Accounting Sciences (Course Code 07130042)
- University of the Free State (UFS – Bloemfontein Campus) – Bachelor of Accounting (Course/Study Code 6319)
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS) – B Ace Science (Course Code CB008)
- University of Fort Hare – Commerce in Accounting (Course Code 60001)
- North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus) – B Com CA (Course Code 500 155 E371P)
About SAICA Thuthuka
The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) is one of the most influential accountancy firms in the country. SAICA administered the Thuthuka Bursary Fund, which aims to select qualified individuals from the African and Coloured student body who are interested to become Chartered Accountants, for undergraduate BCom Accounting education programmes.
SAICA Thuthuka Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- 60% in Mathematics in your Grade 11 Final Results (Level 5)
- Passing marks for university entrance qualification
- Low income
- African or Coloured
- Pass the National Benchmark Test (NBT)
- Letter of acceptance to the university, final Grade 12 results and NBT results
How to Apply and Application Details
To apply for the SAICA Thuthuka Bursary online click here.
Before starting the application process, first, you will need to register an account and then you can apply for the bursary.
The following supporting documents must be submitted along with your application:
- A certified copy of your Green ID Book or SA ID Card
- A certified copy of your Grade 11 Results
- A certified copy of your Grade 12 Results
- A Signed consent form (Click here to download the Thuthuka bursary consent form to be completed)
- Your parents’ / guardians ID documents certified cop.
- Your parents’ latest salary advice
- Certified Copies of ID or Birth Certificates of other school-going dependants in your home
Applications open from the end of January
Application deadline, 31 August annually.
Tel: +27 8610 SAICA (72422) / +27 8610 SAICA (72422)
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]