About The Standard Bank
The Standard Bank of South Africa was founded in 1862 and is located in Johannesburg. It was formed as a branch of the British Overseas bank Standard bank in the year 1962 and is known to be one of the largest financial service providers in the country.
They provide their services for a wide range of financial problems including Asset Finance, Vehicle, Current Accounts, Investments, savings, fleet management, E-banking and borrowing.
Its mission is to achieve environmental sustainability as well as to provide job opportunities for Africans in order to help them grow. Keeping in mind Africa’s scarcity of energy, they develop mission-aligned strategies without jeopardizing stability.
Standard Bank Bursary 2022 – 2023
The Standard Bank Group is providing an opportunity for students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate (master’s) level degrees. The bursary funding is being given for the academic year 2023.
The scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Cost of tuition.
- Accommodation (conditions applied in private accommodations which will be explained on selection).
- A laptop.
- Textbooks and study materials for the degree.
- Monthly allowance for living expenses.
- Guidance and support through professionals.
- Meals (by University or self-catered).
- Transport allowance for a bus between home and campus for 4 times a year.
Eligibility Criteria For The Bursary
All the interested candidates must pass the eligibility criteria set for the Standard Bank Bursary programme 2022 – 2023. There should not be any exceptions or the application will be rejected.
- The candidate must hold South African citizenship.
- The candidate must have qualified matriculation.
- The candidate must be pursuing a degree in any of the following fields
- Actuarial Science
- Computer and Data Science
- Information Technology
- The candidate must be enrolled or currently studying in a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa.
- The candidate must be starting 1st, 2nd, 3rd or last year of undergraduate studies OR they must be entering masters level of postgraduate studies.
- The candidate must have an average score of 65% in the last examination they gave (in mid-year or June).
- The candidate must have an excellent academic record.
- The candidate must be economically deficient.
- The candidate must satisfy the requirements for admissions as per their university (for students pursuing post-graduate studies).
How to Apply For The Bursary?
The applications are to be submitted online via the Xhuma website or their Xhuma Whatsapp facility.
Click here for more details.
Candidates need to register a profile on Xhuma before applying for the bursary.
All the mentioned documents must be submitted with the application. There should not be any false or missing documents or the application will be rejected.
- Certified copies of ID documents.
- Certified copy of matriculation certificate.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and records (if currently studying).
- Proof of enrollment at an institution.
- Proof of household income (payslips, affidavit, pension proof or grant).
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The applications started in April and will be closed on 30 September 2022. All the candidates must complete the application before the deadline to avoid rejection of the application.
All the queries regarding bursary programmes can be sent to the Standard Bank directly:
Contact person: Susan Dube via email at: Susan.email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.