Old Mutual South Africa (OMSA) is a financial services provider in Southern Africa that provides investment, savings, life assurance, asset management, banking and property and personal insurance in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. It is a vital participant in the South African economy. The company’s reputation in the industry is shown in its strong operating performance, our good balance sheet position, strong financial flexibility and diversity of business.
OMSA has a partnership with Nedbank and Old Mutual Insure (formerly Mutual & Federal) which allows the company to offer different financial products and services to individuals, businesses, corporates and institutions. These products and services include investment, life assurance, asset management, banking, healthcare and general insurance.
Old Mutual Bursaries 2023 – 2024
Old Mutual offers Actuarial Science bursaries for qualified applicants who love numbers and think you have what it takes to be an actuary, to study at the North-West University, University of Cape Town (UCT), University of Stellenbosch (US), University of Witwatersrand (WITS), University of Free State (UFS) or University of Pretoria (UP).
This bursary covers all tuition, accommodation with meals, general and book allowance, travel allowance, incentives for good performance, academic and emotional support, good networking opportunities and vacation work from second year. Upon graduation, bursary holders will enjoy guaranteed employment after university, one-on-one mentoring by an experienced qualified actuary, in-house rotation programme exposing students to professional development across all areas and working with industry experts in different fields.
Accountancy Bursaries will pay for the full costs of tuition at the following Universities:
- North-West University
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- University of Cape Town
- Rhodes University
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Free State
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of the Western Cape
Including residence fees and one return flight home every year for students who are not studying in their hometown, vacation work, incentives for excellent academic performance and book and general allowance.
Bursary holders will also need to commit to Old Mutual’s CA Training Programme after which they will render work for Old Mutual for a certain time period.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Students who received an A in Maths (not Maths literacy) and Bs for all your other subjects in matric.
- Must study at either the North-West University, University of Cape Town (UCT), University of Stellenbosch (US), University of Witwatersrand (WITS), University of Free State (UFS) or University of Pretoria (UP).
- South African citizens
- Matric with at least 70% or Level 6 for all subjects including Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and English
- You also need to commit to our CA Training Programme, after which you will work for Old Mutual
How to Apply and Application Details
To apply for the Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary, click here.
To apply for the Old Mutual Accounting Bursary, click here.
Applications close on 31 July 2023.
Tel: +27 (0)21 509 2656 / +27 (0)21 504 7285
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/