About Agribusiness Centenary
Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Fund was established to celebrate Agbiz 100 years of existence. The bursary’s goal is to promote Masters or PhD level research in agribusiness related fields. Agbiz is a an association of agribusinesses operating in South Africa.
Agribusiness Centenary Bursaries
The bursary is awarding an annual bursary of R34 000.00 available to a South African student registered for a Masters or Doctorate degree in any agriculture or agribusiness similar studies at any accredited South African university.
Bursary holders will have the responsibility to provide academic progress from the academic supervisor or head of the department to Agbiz, biannually. In the event of unsatisfactory academic reports or discontinued education, the bursary will be canceled and the bursary holder will be required to reimburse the bursary amount given including its interest within two months of cancellation.
Read the Agbiz Centenary Bursary T&C’s (.pdf) before applying for this bursary.
Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South Africa citizens
- Students of Masters or PhD degree in agricultural economics or agribusiness management similar studies at any accredited South African university
- Completed a relevant undergraduate degree.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and complete the Agribusiness Centenary bursary application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to PO Box 76297, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form:
- Copy of ID or any other proof of RSA citizenship.
- Proof of registration, or letter from the head of department confirming the qualification of admission.
- Study record to date, also stating successful completion of undergraduate degree.
- Letter of recommendation by academic supervisor or head of department (strictly no longer than one page).
- Letter of motivation by the student, stating why he/she needs the bursary and what the bursary fund will be used for (strictly no longer than one page).
- Declaration of any other bursary or support programme you benefit from (if applicable).
6 December 2019.
Natalie van Harte
Post: O Box 76297, Lynnwood Ridge, South Africa, 0040
Address: Grain Building, 1st Floor, 477 Witherite Street / The Willows, Pretoria, South Africa, 0184
Tel: 012 807 6686