About Agribusiness Centenary
Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Fund was established to celebrate Agbiz 100 years of existence. The bursary’s goal is to promote Masters or PhD level research in agribusiness related fields. Agbiz is a an association of agribusinesses operating in South Africa.
Agribusiness Centenary Bursaries 2022
The bursary is awarding an annual bursary of R34 000.00 available to a South African student registered for a Masters or Doctorate degree in any agriculture or agribusiness similar studies at any accredited South African university.
Bursary holders will have the responsibility to provide academic progress from the academic supervisor or head of the department to Agbiz, biannually. In the event of unsatisfactory academic reports or discontinued education, the bursary will be canceled and the bursary holder will be required to reimburse the bursary amount given including its interest within two months of cancellation.
Read the Agbiz Centenary Bursary T&C’s (.pdf) before applying for this bursary.
Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South Africa citizens
- Students of Masters or PhD degree in agricultural economics or agribusiness management similar studies at any accredited South African university
- Applicants should have completed a relevant undergraduate programme, or degree, or be
in the final year studying towards an undergraduate qualification
- Applicants should have received a minimum of 60% for major subjects.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and complete the Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Application Form 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form:
- Copy of ID or any other proof of RSA citizenship.
- Proof of registration, or letter from the head of department confirming the qualification of admission.
- Study record to date, also stating successful completion of undergraduate degree.
- Letter of recommendation by academic supervisor or head of department (strictly no longer than one page).
- Letter of motivation by the student, stating why he/she needs the bursary and what the bursary fund will be used for (strictly no longer than one page).
- Declaration of any other bursary or support programme you benefit from (if applicable).
The completed application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
5 December 2021.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Agbiz directly:
Contact person: Liezl Esterhuizen
Tel: 012 807 6686
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on November 17, 2021)