About Land Bank
Land Bank is a genuine South African development finance institution that strives to serve the country’s commercial and emerging agriculture by bringing specially designed financial services that are easily accessible to the farmers across the nation. Land Bank provides loans to encourage investment in high-potential regions and crops, increase participation of emerging established farmers, align high-supply, high-demand processed products, expand production of established medium and large scale commercial farmers, and invest in agricultural ventures.
Land Bank Bursary Scheme
Land Bank is granting bursaries to young students that are motivated to participate in the agricultural sector. The bursaries will be awarded to those who are studying or intend to study within the following fields of study:
- Agricultural related studies (e.g B.Agric, BSc Agriculture, B.Agricultural Economics, B.Environmental Studies, etc.)
- Finance (Internal Audit & Procurement)
- Project Management
- Business Management
- Information Technology
- Human Resource
- Risk Management/Compliance
- Investment Management
The bursary will cover the tuition fees, prescribed books, meals, and accommodation.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to qualify for the bursary, applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizen
- Undergraduate student
- Intend to study full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (2nd/3rd/4th year)
- Registered to study at a South African University/ University of Technology/ Agricultural College for 2020 academic year (excluding first-year students)
- Displays outstanding academic potential
- Motivated in working within the agricultural sector
- Proven financial need
- Not a recipient of any other bursary scheme
Failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to an unsuccessful application.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and fill-up the Land Bank Bursary Application Form. Completed application forms must be submitted along with certified copies of the following supporting documents:
- ID document
- Matric certificate or latest Grade 12 results
- Tertiary Academic transcripts to date
- Proof of Registration or letter of acceptance from a tertiary institution
- Parents/guardians’ proof of income (affidavit if unemployed)
Applications can be e-mailed to email@example.com
Applicants must be prepared for an interview at Land Bank, Head Office, Centurion Tshwane. In addition, please be advised that successful applicants will be required to sign a bursary contract with Land Bank.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 January 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For further queries regarding this bursary program, please reach out to Land Bank directly:
Tel: 012 686 0500 / 0800 00 52 59
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on March 19, 2021)