The South African Society of Crop Production (SASCP) was founded in Pretoria in 1971 with the founding members DF Retief as President, SA Hulme as VP, together PJ Möhr, E Strydom, PC Nel and Council members EH Graven, J Grobler, EW Laubscher, AJ Pienaar and E Wolff. The Society aims to promote the knowledge and science of crop production in the country with emphasis on execution, growth and progress as well as facilitation with related communities in South Africa.
SASCP Council not only preserves and continues the formal annual meeting to promote Society’s objectives, but also promotes the general health of crop production as a field of study and profession. Most of the SASCP’s members are involved in research on the major crops such as maiz, oil and protein seed as well as small grains.
The SASCP grants two bursaries of R10 000 (ten thousand Rand) every year to qualified applicants who are full-time students in the field of Crop Production such as Agronomy / Crop Science at a South African University. Payment will only be made into the candidates’ student account at the educational institution.
SASCP Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen.
- Registered for a four year or post-graduate degree (not diploma) at an institution in South Africa
- Average mark of at least 60% during the previous university academic year
- Students having major subjects related to the general field of Crop Production such as Agronomy / Crop Science
How to Apply and Application Details
- Apply online and complete the fields on their online form or https://sascp.org.za.
- Online application for student membership should also be downloaded and completed
- The following documents must also be submitted:
- University academic records
- Proof of university registration
- Two sealed letters of references
- Mail to the application form, the membership application form and the required documents to: PostNet Unit 301 Private Bag X1288 Potchefstroom 2520
15 March 2020.
PostNet Unit 301 Private Bag X1288 Potchefstroom 2520
Fax: 086 684 2292
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on January 24, 2022)