About South African Nursery Association
The South African Nursery Association (SANA) is was founded in 1947 and is a non-profit organization that serves as a networking platform to represent the concerns of the Green Industry. The association also aims to promote National and Regional Nursery issues. SANA also represents individual related associations such as Allied, Bulb & Seed Trade Association (ABSTA), Bedding Plant Growers Association (BPGA), Garden Centre Association (GCA) and the Growers Association.
ABSTA is a group of all the suppliers of planting utilities material such as pots, fertilizers, water features, ceramics, pesticides, seed etc. BPGA is an organization of professional bedding plant growers that has launched a trademark called “Flowering Favourites”, the association’s print media marketing in various forms of publications. GCA is a group representing retailers and sellers of plant and plant-related products which have branches in Cape, Central, Gauteng and Tshwane. Growers Association was created to administer its members growing operations are coordinated, professional, responsible and profitable so as to contribute to the growth of the Green Industry as a whole.
South African Nursery Association Bursaries
The South African Nursery Association invites all qualified candidates for the bursaries to be awarded to students who have an interest in pursuing a career in Horticulture related area and who have successfully completed three subjects in their first Academic year of study.
Please note that the bursary will not pay for any remaining fees from the previous academic period.
South African Nursery Association Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Students of BSc, BSc (Hons) MSc, Ph.D Agric degrees, National Diploma or Higher Diploma in Horticultural Science / Horticulture or Landscaping
- Completed and passed 3 first academic year subjects and have an average of over 60% per subject
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete these application forms:
- Submit the copies of the following document together with the application forms included above:
- Academic record
- October/November academic results
- Institution’s banking details
- Email applications to: [email protected] or Fax to: 086 7187268
07 February 2020
Bransby Diplock, Bursary Administrator
E-mail: [email protected]