About Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education (SITFE)
The Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education (SITFE) was launched in 1965 with an objective to support and enhance sustainable and quality education in sugarcane growing areas in South Africa such as KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga. Many of the youths living within the rural sugarcane growing regions wish to become engineers, extension officers and agricultural economists, however few can support and finance their studies. The programme also provides training in the field of engineering, agriculture and science.
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education (SITFE) Bursaries
The Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education (SITFE) is open to students and applicants who are registered or have applied in the fields of SCIENCE, ENGINEERING and AGRICULTURE. Candidates can also be a CHILD OF A SUGARCANE FARM WORKER who is registered or has applied for any field of study. Matriculants are also invited to apply.
Bursaries are only available for studies at:
- University of Cape Town
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Zululand
- University Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of Johannesburg
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Fort Hare
- Rhodes University
- Durban University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
- University of Mpumalanga
- Sol Plaatje University
- Tshwane University of Technology Owen Sithole College of Agriculture
- Cedara College of Agriculture
SITFE Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Residents of sugarcane growing provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga
- Registered or have applied in the following disciplines: Science, Engineering and Agriculture or Registered or has applied for any field of study and is a child of a sugarcane farm worker
- South African citizens
- Disadvantaged applicants are given preference
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the SITFE Bursary Application Form.
- Include the following documents together with your application form:
- Latest school progress records, final Grade 12 Statement of Results OR tertiary exam results if already registered at an institution
- Documentation providing proof of sugar industry connection, if available
- Proof of family income
- Death certificate for deceased parent/s
- Certified copy of ID
- Confirmation of application / registration at an University, University of Technology or College of Agriculture.
- Submit your completed application to either:
- Post: The Programme Administrator, Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education, South African Sugar Association, P O Box 700, Mount Edgecombe, 4300
- Hand-delivered: The Programme Administrator, External Affairs Division, South African Sugar Association, 170 Flanders Drive, Mount Edgecombe, 4300.
Applications are currently closed.
Save this page or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter to receive the latest updates.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education
Address: P O Box 700, Mount Edgecombe, 4300
Tel: 031 508 7034 Fax: 031 508 7191