The ABSIP or Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals, was established in 1995 to empower black professionals and black business across the financial industry. The association has grown and has included sub-sectors such as Asset Management, Corporate Banking, Corporate Finance, Corporate Managerial and Financial Consulting, Employee Benefits, Insurance, Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Private Banking, Private Equity, Stock broking, Treasury and Development Finance Institutions (DFIs). It has also participated in drafting the landmark Financial Sector Charter (“FSC Charter”). ABSIP is a member of the Black Business Council.
Through ABSIP’s mission statement, “To build leaders that shapes the future of the Financial Services industry and the broader economy”, the ABSIP Bursary is founded in 2013 which aims to support disadvantaged black students who possess academic excellence, an interest to pursue financial services careers and are university students in South Africa. The bursary covers financial assistance according to potential candidate’s academic standings and financial situation.
The ABSIP bursary is only open to disadvantaged black students in the relevant or critical/scarce fields of study. The bursary is made possible by partnerships with Standard Bank Group and the sponsorship commitment of Regiments Capital. In return, successful applicants have the responsibility to maintain good academic performance as well as to participate in ABSIP activities. Apply now for the ABSIP Bursary 2018 – 2019.
ABSIP Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Disadvantaged black students
- Academic excellence
- Students who want to pursue financial related programs
- South African citizen
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the latest ABSIP bursary application form at http://www.absip.co.za/home/pages/bursary
- Submit the form with the following documents:
- Matric June and final results certified copy
- ID certified copy
- Parents/Guardian ID certified copy
- Parents/Guardian proof of income certified copy
- Sworn affidavit of parents/guardian unemployment, if applicable
- Send your complete applications through email: [email protected]
31 December every year
Address: First Floor 54 Bath Avenue Rosebank Johannesburg 2196
Tel: +27 (0) 10 203 9025
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
To Get More Latest Bursaries info, click here