Everyone has a right to education and to be self-reliant by pursuing their dream career. However, financial constraints can be the biggest barrier between you and your career goals. This is where a bursary comes to the rescue of talented and skilled students to assist them in reaching their desired career and professional goal.
About a Bursary
A bursary is a financial reward that an institution/organization extends to deserving and aspiring candidates to help them complete their education. In return, a candidate is obligated to be employed at the institution as the bursary may say. Bursaries are similar to scholarships and grants that are given to help underprivileged students who may lack the finances to pursue education.
The Coronation Bursary & its Working
Established in 1993 in Cape Town, Coronation started as an asset management company with 15 staff and no assets to manage. Today, it is listed among South Africa’s top investment fund management company with an excellent track record of providing clients with impressive returns. It is one of the most successful financial institutions and retail asset management firms that has an ever-growing list of clientele from all spheres.
Coronation Bursary Program
Through their bursary program, Coronation strives to provide financial assistance to financially weak but talented students. This program is aimed to support the students who want to pursue a career in the field of commerce (BCom degree) but do not have strong financial support. If you can demonstrate exceptional and excellent academic results then this program will help you to soar high in your career.
What does it cover?
The Coronation Bursary Program covers all the study-related expenditures of the qualified students. Once the candidate has graduated he/she is required to enter into a work-back commitment contract.
Students are given the required support through trained tutors, matching with a Coronation mentor. The candidates will be informed through email if they have been shortlisted and whether they can come for an interview.
Things to keep in mind before applying for a Bursary
Applying for a bursary becomes easy when you are fully aware of its requirements and the way it functions. When you know where to start the process that follows becomes seamlessly easier. To successfully apply for a bursary the following things should be kept in mind.
- It is important to know that there is no restriction on the number of bursaries that you can apply for. Thus, it is recommended to apply for as many bursaries as you want in your desired field.
- By searching through our website you can have access to all the organizations providing bursaries. You can also find a bursary with the help of the field that you want to study.
- Having a strong reference is the first step in securing your desired bursary. So, while applying for a bursary make sure that the reference you provide is reachable with a correct contact address.
- Submit a highly convincing and motivational cover letter with points like why you deserve the bursary, how it can be a stepping stone for success, etc.
- Once you apply for a bursary ensure that you follow up your emails and text messages for any notification from the organization.
- Be aware of the bursary deadlines set by the institutions.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
To qualify for the Coronation Bursary program 2020-2021 a student must meet the following eligibility criteria requirements.
- Must have African Citizenship and should belong to a disadvantaged background
- Students must have completed matric or be currently in matric. (current matric students are given preference over others)
- Impressive academic record with at least 75% GPA
- A student must be interested in pursuing a career in the field of commerce
- Be studying or enrolled to study at a public university in South Africa
- Must possess strong leadership traits
- Well-rounded students are preferred
The Application Requirements
If you clear the eligibility criteria of the Coronation Bursary then you can submit your application at https://www.bursaries.excelatuni.com/applications/step1.
In addition to filling up the form, you are required to upload the following documents.
- A letter of recommendation from a person vouching for your academic performance and character. This person cannot be a relative or friend.
- A statement explaining why the candidate chose the particular field of study. It should also state what the candidate plans to do after graduation.
- Candidate’s CV
- A certified copy of ID document with barcode
- Monthly family income proof in the form of pay-slip, bank statement, etc.
- High school students should submit final reports of grade 11 and 12 along with the proof of registration at the university
- Tertiary students should attach certified copies of matric results, current official transcript, and proof of university registration.
Applications open 1 July 2021 and applications close 30 September 2021
Address: Bandwidth Barn, 66-68, Albert Road Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925
Telephone Number: +27 81 593 4458 or +27 79 013 5203
E-mail Address: email@example.com
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on July 15, 2021)