Momentum MMI Actuarial Bursaries
The MMI Actuarial Development Programme provides help to students to reach their goals by providing financial assistance and guidance on how to become effective leaders. The students will also be provided with the chance to participate in MMI’s leadership development programmes.
MMI is always seeking for qualified actuarial candidates as part of people development strategy. MMI’s permanent actuarial employees enjoy the benefits such as course fees, exam fees, exam incentives, study leave, different study support alternatives, annual membership subscription, annual event fees and work-based skills mentorship.
MMI is a South African financial firm which was formed from the merger of Metropolitan and Momentum, both of which are also insurance/financial services companies in South Africa. MMI was already the third largest financial and insurance company in South Africa when it listed on the JSE Stock Exchange on December 2010.
MMI’s core businesses include insurance, investment and savings, risk management and employee benefits. The company has its operations through brands like Metropolitan, Momentum, Guardrisk, Multiply, Hello Doctor, CareCross Health and Eris Properties.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Citizens of South Africa
- Currently, in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Minimum 85% rating for Mathematics and Additional Mathematics and Mathematics 3 in Matric
- Minimum A mark in at least 2 other subjects in Matric
- Students or wishing to pursue studies towards an Actuarial bachelors degree
- Students or wishing to pursue studies at The University Stellenbosch or UCT
How to Apply and Application Details
Register for an online MMI profile at their website.
Prepare the following required documents to complete your application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Matric most recent results, if currently in Matric
- Proof of tertiary/university acceptance
- Most recent tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level
Opening and Closing Date
New applications for the 2019 MMI Actuarial Bursary programme will open on 1st May 2019.
Bursaries applications can be submitted starting the opening date. This bursary does not have an appointed time of closing date yet.
Address: 268 West Avenue, Centurion, Gauteng, 0157
Post: Momentum, PO Box 7400, Centurion, 0046