About Capitec Bank
Capitec Foundation was founded by Capitec Bank in June 2015 as an independent, non-profit organisation to improve numeracy skills and financial literacy of learners and school leaders. Capitec Bank was established in March 2001 as an SA Reserve Bank and is listed on JSE in February 2002. It has 811 branches and around 9.2 million active clients.
Capitec Bank has been named the top-ranked bank in the world by the Lafferty Bank Quality Ratings, a global banking advisory group. The ranking is reached through a combination of financial and non-financial qualifications such as strategy, culture, customer satisfaction, “living the brand promise” and other criteria.
Capitec Bank’s business services and solutions include POS payment solutions, salary transfers, workplace banking and financial skills programme.
Capitec Bank Bursaries
The Capitec bursary programme is inviting students to apply for its external bursary programme for the 2024 academic year.
The following fields of study are accepted for the Capitec bursary:
- Actuarial Science
- Behavioural Science / Behavioural Economics
- Business Analysis and or Data Analysis
- Design (Graphic, User Experience, Web)
- Engineering (e.g., Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, Civil or Mechatronics)
- Human Resource (e.g., Human Resource Management, Psychology, Psychometry, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Anthropology, Behavioural Psychology)
- Information Technology (e.g., Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Software Development and or Systems Development)
- Marketing & Communications
- Operational Research
- Project Management
- Risk Management
Bursary recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Academic financial assistance & mentorship
- Job shadowing and insights into the Capitec way of work
- Academic support and mentorship
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme for career and financial guidance
- Permanent Employment after graduation
For those of you who want to see the Latest Bursaries Listing Click Here
Capitec Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Must be a South African Citizen (13 Digit SA ID number)
- Must have obtained a National Senior Certificate
- Must be interested to study towards completing above qualification
- Must have a clear credit and criminal record
- Willingness to be based in Western Cape (Stellenbosch) and or Gauteng (Sandton/JHB) after successfully completing studies.
- As Capitec is committed to diversity, applications to the Bursary Programme will strictly be considered in support of our employment equity goals.
Behavioral skills required:
- Achievement Orientation
- Decision Making
- Relationship building
- Resilience / Tenacity
- Problem Solving
How to Apply and Application Details
- Capitec bursary online application is available. You need to submit a bursary application online. To do so, visit this website to create an account and apply for the bursary.
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- A certified copy of your ID document
- A certified copy of your matric certificate
- A certified copy of your latest academic results (if currently studying)
18 June 2023.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Capitec directly at: https://www.capitecbank.co.za/contact-us/get-in-touch
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/