About Coronation Fund Managers
In 1993, Coronation Fund Managers, an independent asset management firm, was founded in Cape Town, South Africa. Emerging Market Equity, Global Equity, Fixed Interest and Multi-Asset, South African Equity, Fixed Interest and Multi-Asset, African Equity, Retirement Products, and Hedge Funds are among the products offered by the company.
The United Kingdom, Ireland, Namibia, South Africa, and Coronation Fund Managers now have offices abroad.
Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary 2022 – 2023
Coronation Fund Managers are providing an opportunity for students to apply for the Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary for the upcoming academic year of 2023.
Students pursuing commerce-related degrees and belonging to underrepresented groups are welcome to apply for the bursary.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students. Applicants must need to be well-rounded and demonstrate character, leadership potential, and altruism.
What does it cover?
The Coronation Bursary Program covers all the study-related expenditures of the qualified students. Once the candidate has graduated he/she is required to enter into a work-back commitment contract.
Students are given the required support through trained tutors, matching with a Coronation mentor. The candidates will be informed through email if they have been shortlisted and whether they can come for an interview.
Things to keep in mind before applying for a Bursary
Applying for a bursary becomes easy when you are fully aware of its requirements and the way it functions. When you know where to start the process that follows becomes seamlessly easier. To successfully apply for a bursary the following things should be kept in mind.
- It is important to know that there is no restriction on the number of bursaries that you can apply for. Thus, it is recommended to apply for as many bursaries as you want in your desired field.
- By searching through our website you can have access to all the organizations providing bursaries. You can also find a bursary with the help of the field that you want to study.
- Having a strong reference is the first step in securing your desired bursary. So, while applying for a bursary make sure that the reference you provide is reachable with a correct contact address.
- Submit a highly convincing and motivational cover letter with points like why you deserve the bursary, how it can be a stepping stone for success, etc.
- Once you apply for a bursary ensure that you follow up on your emails and text messages for any notification from the organization.
- Be aware of the bursary deadlines set by the institutions.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
To qualify for the Coronation Bursary program 2022-2023 a student must meet the following eligibility criteria requirements.
Current Grade 12 Students
- South African citizens enrolling full-time studies at a South African University in 2023.
- Aspirations to pursue any commerce degree.
- An exceptional academic record with an average of 75%.
Current University Students
- South African citizens enrolled for full-time studies at a South African University in 2022 and
- Currently pursuing any commerce degree.
- An exceptional academic record with an average of 70%.
The Application Requirements
The application must be submitted online. Click here to apply: Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary Application 2022
In addition to filling up the form, you are required to upload the following documents. All the mentioned documents must be attached with the application form. There should not be any missing documents or false documents.
- A certified copy of your identity card
- Proof of the family’s monthly income must be provided (latest paystubs if employed, bank statements if self-employed, an affidavit if unemployed, and, if applicable, proof of a pension or grant).
- A certified copy of your final grade 11 results and, matric results to date, if currently in the matric
- GA certified copies of your rade 11 final results, Matric final results, and most recent transcript from a postsecondary institution, if you’re still enrolled
- Proof of provisional acceptance to the university, if applicable (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of enrollment, if you’re currently enrolled (on institutions letterhead)
- a statement outlining your reasons for choosing your field of study and your career goals after graduating (1 page)
- a letter of recommendation from a person who can attest to your character and performance in school and personality (include the person’s contact details). It cannot be a friend or family member.
- For students under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must complete and sign a consent form (.docx) to abide by POPI regulations.
- A certified copy of your present or guardian’s ID, if you’re a student under 18.
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The applications will be closed on 30 September 2022 at 5 pm.
No late applications will be accepted so interested candidates must complete the application before the deadline.
Candidates can contact the bursary administrator for any queries directly regarding the scholarship at:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/