For a nation to become self-sufficient and progressive the youth must be supported and provided with the necessary means to acquire education. With the help of various bursary programs, the South African nation strives to encourage its ambitious youth and helps them to achieve their career goals.
The Genesis Educational Foundation Trust is one of the many bursary programs that aim to support disadvantaged students.
About Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT)
Founded in the year 1998, Genesis Analytics is known as the first microeconomics specialist consultancy firm in South Africa. The firm utilizes its analytical capabilities to provide value to the client by improving their decision-making process.
It is based in 89 countries and specializes in fields like behavioral sciences, climate finance, human development, and many more. The firm is known to provide exemplary opportunities to its partnering companies which help them to flourish in the market. It also has the expertise to assist government establishments and development agencies and give a boost to their performance.
GEFT is the educational wing of Genesis Analytics which was formed solely to aid deserving and bright students. The foundation extends help to students who are pursuing their studies in Economics and related fields.
GEFT Bursary Program: An Overview
The GEFT bursary program is open to financially disadvantaged South African students who wish to pursue an Honor’s or Master’s degree. The bursary program accepts students from varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and is all-inclusive. Students enrolling in this bursary program will be eligible to get all the assistance they need for completing their academic degree or certificate program.
Field of education
The GEFT bursary is awarded to students who are enrolled in the fields of Economics or Public Health. Additionally, those students who are pursuing their studies in any related field will also be considered for the bursary.
Honors and Master’s in the following fields are covered under the bursary:
- Economic Science
- Behavioral Economics
- International Development
- Development Economics
- Applied Economics
- Public Health: Epidemiology or Health Economics
One important criterion that students must fulfill in achieving high academic results and displaying strong characteristics.
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees, stationery and other study materials as prescribed. Depending upon the availability of funds and the committee’s decision, the bursary may also cover additional expenditures like the cost of accommodation, transportation fees, etc.
Students applying for the bursary program are required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria. Failure to satisfy the eligibility requirements can lead to the rejection of the application.
- Applicant must be a South African Citizen
- Students must be inclined to pursue an Honors or Master’s degree in Economics or Public Health and related areas.
- Students must belong to a disadvantaged background (described by the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998)
- Applicants should be willing to study or must be studying at a recognized University in South Africa
- One must achieve at least 65% of marks for his/her undergraduate or Honors degree
Students can apply for the bursary online at Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) Bursary Application Online 2023.
The students must fill in all the fields to avoid the rejection of the application. Students must ensure that all the information provided in the application form corresponds to their present situation.
In addition to the application form the following documents are also required to be submitted along with the application form:
- Updated CV
- Certified copy of Identity Proof/Passport
- High school certificate
- A letter of motivation (explaining why you deserve the bursary).
If you’re not sure how to write an effective motivation letter for a bursary, check out this article for motivation letter writing guidance.
- A sample of students writing (essay/assignment)
- Transcript or full academic report from the 1st year to the current date
Applications for 2023 close on 9 January 2023.
- Applications are required to be submitted only through the online portal.
- Sending applications via email or other means will not be considered
- The selection committee has the right to screen the applications against the required skills, competencies, and experience.
- Students will be asked to complete an online study assessment.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to undergo a panel interview
- The selection process will take place between February and March 2023
- Students who do not receive any communication within 3 weeks of the closing date should consider their application as rejected.
For any inquiries related to GEFT bursary students can contact the following:
Contact name: Zandile Shabangu (Grad Recruitment Specialist)
Please do NOT contact Genesis Analytics if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/