About BET Software
BET Software is a betting software development company in South Africa that offers cutting-edge software systems to bookmakers. The founding team started as a small department within Hollywoodbets more than a decade ago. Since then, it has grown into a profitable company of its own.
The company employs around 190 people in South Africa. As part of its corporate social responsibility initiatives, BET Software empowers backward communities by offering easy access to technology, education, and skill development.
BET Software Bursary 2022
The company is offering financial assistance to a certain number of students each year via BET Software bursaries. Known as the BET Dare to Dream Bursary, it is meant for students in the ICT-related fields. They can be pursuing a National Certificate, Diploma, Degree, or Postgraduate qualification.
For the academic session 2022, students must be in one of the following fields of study:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Information Technology and Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- System and Network Administration
The bursary will only cover the tuition fees and registration costs. Bursars are supposed to pay for other expenses out of their own pockets.
Besides the funding, students will have a chance to engage in skill development workshops and events where they can get real-life training experience. This would prepare them to join the workforce soon after completion of the programmes.
Initially, the bursaries will be awarded for one academic year. For the next year, students will have to reapply.
As part of the bursary agreement, students will have to join the BET Graduate Programme after the completion of their studies. They will be working for the company for a duration equal to the funding duration.
To select the candidates for the bursaries, BET Software has laid out specific eligibility criteria. Anyone applying for the bursary must fulfill all the eligibility criteria first. Since the number of bursaries is limited and the company receives many applications, it rejects those that do not meet all the requirements.
The eligibility requirements for BET Software 2022 are:
- Must be either pursuing or willing to pursue a National Certificate, Diploma, Degree, or Postgraduate qualification in the ICT-related field mentioned above
- The duration of the qualification must be at least 12 months
- Must be studying or willing to study at a recognised South African Higher Learning institution
- Must have scored no less than 60% if currently studying
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, does not guarantee bursary funding. Preference is given to those who stay in proximity to the tertiary institute where they intend to study at. The list published by the company will be considered final.
How to Apply?
Applications for the BET Software Bursary closed on 31 October 2021. We will update this page when applications are open again.
Eligible candidates should move forward with the application process. It’s a simple and quick process that shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete. But it’s also important to be diligent throughout the process and not rush through.
Here are the steps to take to apply for the BET Software 2022 bursary:
Complete the Online Application
The first phase is to complete the online application for this bursary. You can access the online portal by clicking here. The first phase has four steps. In the first step, you need to review the instructions and information on how to proceed. In the next steps, provide the necessary details. It’s essential to submit the details correctly since incorrect submissions are rejected without consideration.
In the next step, you have to submit the documents needed for the application. Here’s the list of documents:
- Details of your study programme, subjects taken, and course of study
- Acceptance letter issued by the institution (must be on institute letterhead)
- Name and physical address of the Higher Education institution where you’re studying or intend to study at
- Pro forma invoice issued by your institution that specifies the registration fees, tuition fees, and examination fees (must be on institution letterhead)
- A motivation letter explaining what you’re the best candidate for the bursary
- Academic transcripts of last 12 months (must be on institution letterhead)
Scan the documents and upload them to the official portal. After a final review, submit your application.
Applications for the BET Software Bursary closed on 31 October 2021.
For more details, contact the bursary provider at firstname.lastname@example.org
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact BET Software. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on November 8, 2021)