Nedbank Group is one of South Africa’s four largest banks. It offers wide range of wholesale and retail banking services as well as growing insurance, asset management and wealth management. Subsidiaries also operates in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) such as Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, as well as representative offices in Angola and Kenya. Nedbank is a JSE Top 40 company with a market capitalisation of R93 billion as of 31 December 2016.
Every year, Nedbank awards bursaries to financial needy but qualified candidates. The bursary scheme accepts people with learning potential and real interest in improving communities for the better. Nedbank grants bursaries for skills considered scarce in the banking industries which ranges from medicine to performing arts. The bursary will pay for the expenses of undergraduate studies at accredited South African institutions. This will cover fulltime tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, meals and monthly allowance to pay for the cost of out-of-pocket expenses.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Grade 12 or have completed grade 12 within the past two years
- Pass or have passed matric with an average of 65%
- Proven financial need
- Full time students
- Meet the entry requirements for the university you want to go to.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Complete the application form at the Nedbank bursary online form.
- Submit the following documents to accompany your application:
- Valid senior certificate (for those who have completed grade 12) or latest official university examination
- Valid South African ID
- Proof of latest household income for three months or an affidavit if parents/legal guardians are unemployed
- Household income and expenses statement
- Death certificate of parent(s) or guardian if deceased
- Divorce certificate, if applicable
- For disabled applicants, a letter from a medical doctor confirming permanent disability
Application forms that are incomplete or incorrect will be rejected.
30 April annually
Address: 135 Rivonia Road Sandown Sandton 2196
Post: PO Box 1144 Johannesburg 2000 South Africa