About Absa Group Ltd.
Originally known as Amalgamated Banks of South Africa, Absa Group Limited was once Barclays Africa Group Ltd. before using its current name. This South African financial services group provides business and personal banking, corporate and investment banking, credit cards, bancassurance, and wealth and investment management.
Absa BMI Bursary
The Absa BMI Bursary opportunity is open to students pursuing their qualifications in the fields of Business, Math, and Informatics, which are as follows:
- Business Analytics or Data Science
- Actuarial Sciences
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Financial Mathematics
The bursary award will cover the following study-related expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Textbook costs
- Laptop costs
* RELATED BURSARIES *
- View our other currently open International Study Abroad Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open University Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open Law Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open Bursaries and Scholarships OPEN for application here.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Must be an incoming first-year student who has completed Grade 12
- Intending to pursue any one of the fields of study mentioned earlier
- A South African citizen with a barcoded SA ID
- Must have attained 70% GPA in Math and English during Grade 11
- Already passed and have gained admission at NWU (either Vaal or Potch campus)
How to Apply and Application Details
Eligible candidates will need to prepare the following support documents during the application process:
- A 1-page letter of motivation explaining why the applicant deserves the bursary award. (Note: If you’re not sure how to write an effective motivation letter for a bursary, check out this article for motivation letter writing guidance)
- Results from Grade 11
- Recent matric results (if available )
- Proof of admission into a BMI programme at NWU
Eligible candidates who wish to apply may do so by filling out the online application form on Absa’s bursary application page.
Currently closed for application. Please check back later for the updated opening and closing date of this bursary.
Tel.no: 08600 08600
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/