Education is the right of every individual all across the globe. However, not everyone can afford to pursue a career of their choice due to several reasons, one of them being financial instability. A large percentage of the youth population is deprived of education of their choice which compels them to lead a life of poverty.
Many bursary programs in South Africa, therefore, come to the aid of such individuals who have a keen interest in learning but cannot afford the same. BBD’s bursary and beyond program is one such initiative in South Africa that helps needy students.
BBD is a software development company that was started by Sandra Barone, Tom Budge, and Ralf Dominick in 1984. It has been a part of the IT industry for 3 decades and has successfully assisted major institutions like banks, insurance companies, government agencies, etc.
These three individuals together provided services like mobile app services, software development, user experience design, IT & development consulting, and maintenance and support.
BBD’s work culture is a classic combination of a friendly environment clubbed with high standards of professional attitude. It consists of experts and professionals who have deep knowledge and expertise to deliver world-class solutions.
BBD Bursary Program 2024
If technology runs in your blood and you are passionate about software then the BBD bursary program is for you. The BBD bursary program is for all technology lovers who want to make a bright future for themselves.
One can apply for this bursary if they have been accepted to study BCom, BSc, BEng or BIS degree or Honors, Masters, or Doctoral level in the following fields:
- Information Technology
- Game Design
- Computer and Software Engineering
- Computer Science
Under this bursary program, the following expenses are covered:
- University tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Support and mentorship
To qualify for the BBD bursary program, students are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the organization. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will disqualify the application request.
- Students must be South African citizens
- One must be in Matric or must have completed Matric
- Students must have an inclination towards software development
- Applicants must be studying or should have been accepted to study at a recognized South African University
- Matric students must achieve a minimum overall average of 70%
- Tertiary students must score a minimum average of 65%
- Students must have been accepted to study in one of the fields mentioned by the organization (Bachelor’s, Honors, Masters, or Doctorate)
- Applicants must have a passion for developing and creating software
How to apply for BBD Bursary?
Students who wish to apply for the bursary should fill the BBD bursary application online. Aspiring bursars are also required to submit the documents as mentioned by the organization. Following are the documents:
- Certified ID document of the student
- Matric latest results / Matric certificate as applicable
- Curriculum vitae
- Acceptance letter from a Tertiary University on their letterhead
- The latest academic transcripts on the institution letterhead
- Students should also provide a link to their coding projects on GitHub or any similar platform
- Students receiving the bursary will be required to complete their study within the stipulated time frame
- Every year students are required to spend one-week attending the onsite workshop. Students can meet the other bursars and get to know the culture at BBD
- During the Vac Weak workshop, students will participate in group projects and use the latest tech to create solutions.
- Through the workshop, students will get hands-on practical exposure to several technologies and tools
- Once bursars complete their graduation, they will get a chance to be a part of the BBD graduate program and work on real projects.
No closing date has been mentioned. Currently accepting applications online.
To get an answer to queries related to the bursary program, students can contact BBD at:
Students can also get in touch with the organization through their contact form
Telephone: 011 532 8300
Please do NOT contact BBD if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/