About Cisco Charitable Foundation Trust
Cisco Charitable Foundation Trust is the Corporate Social Responsibility arm of Cisco, which is one of the largest networking hardware companies in the world. The company was founded in 1984 in San Jose, California. Since then, it has gone global and has a presence in many countries around the world.
The Cisco Foundation was set up in 1997 as a way for the company to contribute to social causes. It partners up with nonprofits, NGOs, and community-focused organisations and funds various programmes that benefit society.
The South African division of the foundation is called Cisco Charitable Foundation Trust.
The Cisco Charitable Foundation Trust Bursary 2024
The Cisco Charitable Trust is offering bursaries to a certain number of students each year who are in need of financial assistance. The bursary will be awarded to students who want to pursue a career in IT or CS. More specifically, for the upcoming academic session, the bursaries will be awarded to students in the following fields of study:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
The applicants will have to go through the selection process, and they’ll be selected based on merit.
The bursary value will be decided on an individual basis and as per their needs as determined by CISCO.
To select the candidates for the bursary, CISCO has laid out specific eligibility criteria. Anyone applying for the bursaries must fulfill all the criteria. Failing to do so will result in cancellation of your application. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for CISCO Charitable Foundation Trust Bursary are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be registered with the Department of Education and studying at a recognised public or private institution
- Students must be in their second to the fourth year of study in 2023 (fourth-year students include those in B.Tech – NQF level 7 – and Honours programmes – NQF level 8)
- Must have a strong academic track record
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, does not guarantee funding. It’s at the sole discretion of the CISCO Foundation. Preference is given to equity students when awarding the bursaries. The list of bursars published by them will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you fulfill all the eligibility requirements, move forward with the application process. It’s an entirely online process that should take no more than an hour to complete. But you shouldn’t rush through it. Take your own time to maintain accuracy. Incomplete or inaccurate applications are rejected.
Click here to start the online application: Cisco Charitable Foundation Trust Bursary Application 2024
Review all the details and submit your application. Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- A certified copy of your South African ID document
- A certified copy of your matric certificate
- A certified copy of your full academic record/ transcripts
- A certified copy of your parent’s or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- A certified copy of your parent’s or guardians death certificates, if deceased
- A certified copy of your parent’s or guardians divorce certificate, if divorced
- A certified copy of your parent’s or guardians sworn statement, if separated
- Signed consent form (.docx)
- Profile picture
- A certified copy of the proof of your address
- Essay (answering the following: description of your personal background and family circumstances, description of all your achievements and leadership positions, your personal strengths and weaknesses, how your chosen study programme relates to your talents; interests and envisaged career, your personal statement to headline your application profile)
The bursary opened on 1 May 2023 and the last date to apply for the Cisco Charitable Foundation Trust Bursary is 30 September 2023.
You can get in touch with the bursary provider at the StudyTrust portal. Use the Contact Us page for this purpose.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/