Established for more than 60 years, the Institute of Information Technology Professionals for South Africa or IITPSA has been serving as the South African leading body for Information and Communication Technology professionals and practitioners. This professional body is also recognized by the South African Qualifications Authority.
IITPSA is working towards its commitment to improving the study, research, and application of information and communication technologies (ICT) in the country. It defines and promotes ICT knowledge standards and also helps in formulating required policies for ICT and other related matters. Information Technology Professionals for South Africa have played an important role in propagating the knowledge and application of ICT in the country.
IITPSA Bursary 2024
Information Technology Professionals for South Africa (IITPSA) is awarding bursaries to undergraduate students for a three-year degree in any of the following fields of study:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Computer Science / Information Systems / Applied Computing
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Information Systems / Informatics.
The aim of the IITPSA bursary is to provide financial support to top-performing and talented students of South Africa to pursue ICT-related studies and help in boosting the economy of the country.
- The bursary will cover all expenses including exam fees, registration fees, textbooks, tuition fees and accommodations administered by the university.
- The bursary funds only one academic year at a time. It will not cover repeated subjects and modules. Based on the satisfactory academic performance of the applicant, the candidate will be able to renew the bursary at the beginning of each academic year.
- IITPSA believes in providing equal opportunity for all. Since not many girls apply for the bursary, girls who have secured excellent academic results and have actively participated in competitions held by IITPSA are preferred for obtaining the bursary amount.
- The applicants will need to participate in a formal assessment before making the final selection. The assessment can include a psychometric evaluation and an interview. The financial need of the candidate will also be taken into consideration.
Mentioned down below are the eligibility criteria for the IITPSA bursary. Make sure you meet all the requirements before applying for the bursary programme.
- The candidate must be a South-African citizen
- The applicant must be registered or pursuing a full-time Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Applied Computing, Computer Science and Information System & Informatics and Information System
- The candidate has to obtain a minimum of 65% in their latest examination
- The applicant must intend to pursue their degree from a recognized and accredited South African university and should meet all the eligibility criteria for the course of study
- Preferences will be given to applicants who have excelled and completed The Computer Programming Olympiad, which is a project of IITPSA.
How To Apply?
To apply for the IITPSA bursary, click here on the online application link here: IITPSA Bursary Application 2024
You must submit the application online.
Applicants must read the Study Trust Bursary Applications Page before applying.
The supporting documents (certified copies) required for registering for IITPSA bursary are:
- Your ID documents
- Proof of address (to show your South African citizenship)
- Your Matric certificate
- Complete academic records or transcripts
- Proof of income of parents or guardian i.e., if self-employed, latest financial statements; if employed, a letter from employer or latest pay slips; if an unemployed, affidavit
- In the case of deceased parents or guardians, death certificates need to be submitted
- In case of divorce between parents or separation, then divorce papers or sworn paper needs to be submitted respectively
- Essay explaining your personal background, family circumstances, achievements, leadership instances, personal strength and weakness, the reason behind choosing the particular study program, your talent, skills, interest and envisaged future and finally a personal statement to headline the application profile
The application deadline is 30 September 2023.
If experiencing any difficulty regarding IITPSA bursary, then the following are the contact details
Mobile: 087 511 3373
Tel: 011 403 1632
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/