The world is advancing technologically at a very fast speed. It is important for nations to keep up with the pace to be successful. Supporting and encouraging young talented individuals to enter the field of technology can take the nation far ahead in the technological race.
To assist individuals who are interested in the field of information and communications technology, the ISPA bursary program has been initiated. In this article, we shall provide you with all the information about the bursary that will help you to apply for it.
About Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA)
ISPA was founded as a voluntary association in the year 1996 and was incorporated in 2015 as a non-profit organization. In the year 2009, the company was officially recognized by the Minister of Communications as an Industry Representative Body as per section 71 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act.
Over the years ISPA has developed relations with several government bodies including ICASA, SAPS and others like WAPA, SABRIC, and FTTX Council Africa.
About the ISPA Bursary Program
In 2020, ISPA launched its bursary program after the end of its teacher training program in 2019. Through their teacher’s training program, ISPA trained as many as 3000 teachers in ICT skills. By launching the Inspires bursary program, ISPA aims to channel its attention and efforts towards the unemployed youth.
The purpose of this bursary program is to concentrate the resources towards those students who wish to pursue a career in the field of the internet. Thus, by granting a bursary ISPA strives to aid them financially and encourages the students to take up the internet field in South Africa.
The ISPA Inspires bursary program is specifically for those students who intend to study or are already studying in fields related to ICT. If you are interested in making a career in the field of Internet Service Provider then this bursary is for you.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Those students who wish to apply for the bursary are required to fulfill the eligibility requirements as mentioned by ISPA. Those who fail to meet the criteria mentioned by ISPA will not be eligible to receive the bursary from ISPA.
- Students must be citizens of South Africa
- Students of age 35 years or younger should apply
- One must intend to pursue undergraduate study in the field related to ICT
- Applicants should study at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa like TVET college, university, registered private FET College, or a registered higher educational institution.
- One must not be receiving any other bursary or financial aid from other places
- You should pursue a career within the ISP sector
- You must belong to a disadvantaged background
- The ISPA Inspires bursary is not available for postgraduate studies
- Those applying for the bursary are not required to have any previous experience in the information technology industry
- Those applications that are sent in after the cut-off date shall not be considered for the bursary
How to apply?
To apply for the ISPA Inspires bursary, students should first register an account. Once the registration is done, students shall receive a confirmation email that will provide them with the login details.
After receiving the login details students should log into their account and follow these steps:
- One should fill the application form
- Students should attach and upload the documents as mentioned
- Wait for a communication from the organization
Students should submit copies of the following documents. If any of the documents are not submitted then the application will be rejected and the student will not be considered for the bursary.
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and details of the institution where you intend to study the proposed course
- One should provide full academic records including certified copies of the latest academic results
- Education background including education details like school name, higher qualifications, and years of study completed, etc.
- The student should also submit a motivational letter convincing the authorities why you deserve the bursary
- References with details like name, contact number, relationship with the applicant etc.
The last date of application is 30 September 2022
Students can contact ISPA on the following for any queries related to the bursary:
Please do NOT contact the ISPA if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/