KnowBe4 stands as the global leader in security awareness training and simulated phishing solutions. More than 50,000 organizations are already using the platform globally for diverse cybersecurity awareness and education.
Founded by Stu Sjouwerman- an IT and data security specialist, KnowBe4 continues to help numerous organizations to be aware of security issues such as CEO fraud, ransomware, and other social engineering tactics via their unique security training.
On the other hand, the Center for Cyber Safety and Education (Center) is a non-profit charitable trust of (ISC)2 that aims to make the cyber world secure for everyone. For this, they facilitate award-winning educational programs, training, research, and scholarships.
KnowBe4 Cybersecurity Scholarship 2024
KnowBe4 partners with the Center of Cyber Safety and Education (ISC2) to offer the KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity (South Africa) Scholarship. This is to promote global education and diversity in the field of cybersecurity amongst women.
The award includes 110, 000 ZAR to cover fees, tuition, books, and required electronics for the awardee. Out of this, up to 31, 900 ZAR may be used for on-campus housing.
Members of ISC2 and KnowBe4 will be awarding this scholarship based on the following Scoring Criteria:
- Financial Need
- KnowBe4 may pay this award at once or spread it over multiple semesters, including the summer session.
- This is a one-time award. If you want to be considered for another scholarship, you must re-apply each year.
Students willing to apply for the KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship 2023 must abide by the following criteria:
- Must be a woman of color residing in South Africa
- Must be pursuing or intend to pursue a degree that focuses on cybersecurity, information assurance, or a similar field
- Must attend a University or college in South Africa
- May attend online or on-campus
- May attend full-time or part-time
- Must be a Matric or Grade 12 student, Graduate student, or Undergraduate student.
- Ph.D. students are NOT eligible
- KnowBe4 and (ISC)² employees are NOT eligible
- If you are chosen for the award, KnowBe4 will directly pay the funds to your college or university with instructions to use it for the fees, tuition, books, and essential electronics. Plus, up to 31,900 ZAR may be used for on-campus housing. Students DO NOT get the award amount directly.
- If KnowBe4 considers you for the award, you need to appear for a short video interview with KnowBe4. For that, you must have a camera capability via phone, tablet, or computer.
How to Apply?
Go to the following link and apply for the KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity (South Africa) Scholarship 2023.
Students must attach all the required documents along with the application form:
- Unofficial transcripts from your most recent educational institution. If you receive the award, KnowBe4 will NOT disburse the amount until it receives the official transcripts.
- Resume/CV (3 pages maximum). Do NOT insert any links to publications.
- Students must answer the questions listed in the application. Each answer should be a maximum of 250 words.
- Describe your background (personal and educational) and accomplishments.
- Explain how this scholarship will affect your cybersecurity career path. What does receiving this award mean to you?
- Who or what motivated you to pursue a career in cybersecurity? What makes you a candidate for success in information security and what goals have you set for your professional career?
- After graduation, if you secure a career in cybersecurity, what steps will you take to “pay it forward” by helping other women new to this field (who are currently recent graduates, in school, or in mid-career transition)?
- Describe your contributions to the cybersecurity field including any articles, volunteer work, etc., and any other hobbies/interests/extracurricular activities and what do these mean to you? [Do NOT insert links to articles].
- One letter of recommendation outlining the following points:
- For how long do you know the applicant, and in what capacity?
- What capabilities and skills does the applicant have that will help them in completing the chosen degree?
- What additional information should we consider about the applicant?
[Note: Academic references are preferred. However, you are allowed to submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points listed above.]
The application deadline is 18 September 2023 at 11:59 PM SAST
Recipients will be notified by November 30, 2023
For inquiries related to the KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity (South Africa) Scholarship 2023, contact:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/