The largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform in the world are offered by KnowBe4, Inc. It offers employee training to help firms manage the issue of social engineering and assist staff in making better security decisions by recognizing red flags to avoid becoming a victim of cybercrime.
Currently, KnowBe4 has offices in ten nations, including South Africa, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Singapore, the Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Over 35,000 organizations worldwide are presently using it.
KnowBe4 Women Of Colour In Cybersecurity Scholarship 2022
KnowBe4 is providing an opportunity for students (female) of colour to apply for the Women of the Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship for the upcoming academic year of 2023.
The scholarship will be given for studies leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis on cybersecurity, information assurance, or a related discipline (except for PhD studies).
Candidates will be judged using these three major factors: passion, merit, and financial need. The award is administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education.
The scholarship provides several benefits as follows:
- Cost of tuition.
- Cost of study material.
- Cost of electrical equipment for study.
- Cost of accommodation.
- (ICS)2 certification education package which includes:
- 1 (ISC)2 certification examination voucher (for any (ISC)² certification examination)
- Study materials (in virtual or difficult replica format)
- Practice exams
- (ISC)2 Direct education seminars (in person, instructor-led stay online or self-paced)
- First, 12 months of club expenses paid (after passing the examination and turning into endorsed)
- Exam Voucher and training package (which may be claimed after commencement and might be legitimate for 365 days from the date of issue)
Note regarding the selection process:
- The scholarship is a one-time prize, so recipients must apply again each year or semester.
- Candidates who have been selected for further consideration must have access to a camera for a brief Zoom video interview with KnowBe4 (via computer, tablet or phone camera).
- By no later than November 30, 2022, the winning applicant will be notified; if you have not heard anything by this time, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. There should not be any exceptions.
- The candidate must be residing in South Africa.
- The candidate must be recognized as a woman of colour.
- The candidate must either be pursuing Matric presently or have qualified in the past.
- The candidate must be planning on pursuing information assurance, cyber security or related fields in their undergraduate level degree.
- The candidates must plan on studying in an accredited institution of higher studies within South Africa. The course can be part-time, full-time, online or on campus.
How to apply?
The applications have to be submitted online via the official site of the Center for cyber security and education. Click here to apply.
The candidates must submit the mentioned documents along with the application. There should not be any document missing or false, else the application will not be considered.
- most recent unofficial transcripts from your institution, current or otherwise (on institutions letterhead)
- 1 recommendation letter, which must contain the information below:
- Length of time the referee has known the applicant and in what capacity.
- The applicant’s skills or abilities that help them finish a degree.
- Any other information that might be useful for scholarship consideration.
Note: Academic references are preferred, but a letter from a professional will work as well.
- Curriculum Vitae (no more than three pages; no links to publications permitted)
- Answering these essay questions in no more than 250 words each must be done in the application
- How do you differ from your peers and why the scholarship should go to you?
- Why do you require the scholarship?
- Your academic and professional history.
- Inspiration for pursuing research and a profession in cybersecurity (why you’re an appropriate candidate for fulfilment in records safety and your desires in your expert profession)
- How you will “pay it forward” via means of assisting different women (in school, current graduates, mid-profession transition) who can be new to the sector after you’ve graduated and are operating withinside the industry.
- Any contributions you’ve made to date to the cybersecurity field (volunteer work, articles, etc), in addition to pastimes or extracurricular sports and why they’re critical to you (no hyperlinks to articles to be included).
The applications will be closed on 19 September 2022, at 17:00 South African time / 11:00 AM EDT US). No late applications will be accepted.
Candidates can contact KnowBe4 directly for any queries regarding the scholarship via
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/