Mezzanine is a pioneering digital technology company within the Vodacom Group that provides various supporting services to co-create digital solutions to enrich African societies. Since its establishment in 2012, the company has collaborated with mobile network operators to develop innovative digital solutions.
Mezzanine creates scalable and affordable solutions focusing on agriculture, healthcare, emergency assistance, social services, financial inclusion, and education. The impact of the Mezzanine is widespread, operating in countries like South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Mozambique, Zambia, Kenya, Liberia, and Tanzania.
The independence of Mezzanine’s solutions from partners and mobile network operators ensures flexibility and wide-scale adoption. They establish relationships and use in-depth platform economics knowledge while operating inside complex ecosystems, bridging the digital divide for individuals with limited access. Their mission is to constantly offer mobile-enabled business solutions addressing Africa’s major concerns, and fostering progress and empowerment.
Mezzanine Bursary 2024
Mezzanine has invited applications for the upcoming academic year for comprehensive merit bursaries for second and third-year students in the field of Mathematics and Computer Science. Fourth-year undergraduate students can also apply for the grant.
The Mezzanine Bursary will cover the following expenses for successful, eligible candidates to complete their studies in the field of Mathematics and Computer Science:
- Tuition Fees
- University Accommodation
- Textbook allowance for each semester
- Subsistence allowance for every month
Selected candidates will also get some additional benefits, like job shadowing and networking opportunities with the Mezzanine employees.
Bursaries will be given based on talent, financial need, and the employment equity plan of the Mezzanine. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application for the bursary programme to have failed if you have not communicated within 30 days of the closing date.
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements to apply for the Mezzanine Bursary. Please be mindful that your application cannot be taken into consideration if you fail to complete all of the requirements:
- South African citizen by birth
- Residents of Western Cape
- The age limit is 27 years old or younger
- The candidate must be Unemployed
- Final result of class 12
- Enrolled for full-time undergraduate studies at a recognized and accredited South African University in the field of Mathematics or Computer science
- Obtained a minimum of 65% average or higher in the first year of tertiary and above
- Do not own any other bursary for the applied year of study
- Do not have a criminal record
- Must have a clear credit record
How to apply?
After the successful submission of the application form, the governing body of the Mezzanine Bursary will assess your application and notify all submitted applicants of the outcome by 15 December, or earlier, unless otherwise communicated.
Before filling out the online application form, eligible candidates must have the following documents ready to apply seamlessly. Applications without supporting documents will be rejected and will not be taken into consideration for the bursary programme.
- Copy of ID (certified)
- Copy of matriculation certificate (certified)
- Academic transcript to date (on university letterhead and stamped)
- Motivational letter
- Proof of registration and/or acceptance for the year of study
- The latest fee statement/quotation for the year of study
- Proof of household income (latest 3 months payslips of parent(s)/guardian(s) or affidavit stating unemployment)
Note: Those awaiting final results or a letter of acceptance from a university are still welcome to apply. However, the documents must be presented right away after being received.
The last date of the application is 31 October 2023. Please submit your application before this date to assure consideration. Applications received after this date will not be taken into consideration.
In case of any queries about this bursary programme, please contact via the official email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/