One of Africa’s leading money transfer providers, Mukuru allows customers to move their money in an affordable, convenient and safe manner. Mukuru’s value-added services include Cash Transfers, The Mukuru Card, The Mukuru Wallet, Mukuru Funeral Cover and Mukuru Groceries.
Mukura was established in 2004 in the United Kingdom. Today it offers services in more than 20 countries, including India, Botswana, Bangladesh, Cameroon, China, DRC, Ethiopia, eSwatini, Kenya, Ghana, Malawi, Lesotho, Nigeria, Mozambique, Tanzania, Pakistan, Uganda, Rwanda, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
Mukuru envisions establishing itself as the leading next-gen financial services platform, and an overwhelming desire to serve the country and its customers has aided them in providing the best facilities catering to different needs in the financial sector.
Mukuru Bursary 2023
The Mukuru Education Trust is awarding bursaries to students for the upcoming year in the fields of
- Business Analysis
- Software Architecture
- Software Development Management
- Software Quality Assurance
- Software Development
- Information Technology Engineers
A total of 14 bursaries will be awarded with a maximum value of R80 000 each. This bursary will cover the expenses of textbooks and tuition fees as well.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed between 19th December 2022 and 3rd January 2023. They will have to appear for an interview might be between 9- 14th January 2023. The winners of the bursaries will be announced on 25th January 2023.
Before applying for the Mukuru Bursary 2023, candidates have to ensure to fulfill the following eligibility requirements
- The candidate should have finished the Matric examination and must have achieved an average of 70% along with a Bachelor’s Pass in the examination.
- The applicant must achieve an overall percentage of 65% (tertiary level)
- The applying candidate must be pursuing a full-time course in one of the abovementioned fields.
- The candidate must be in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study and registered at an accredited and recognised tertiary educational South African institution. (the University of Technology or University).
- The applicant should not be a Mukuru employee and should require financial assistance.
- The applying candidate must agree to the terms and conditions of Mukuru Education Trust Fund
How To Apply?
Click on the following link here to submit your application for the bursary programme.
You must submit the application online.
For the successful acceptance of candidature, you need to submit the following documents.
- Certified copy of passport or other ID documents
- Certified copy of the status proof in South Africa
- Certified copy of A level or Matric certificate
- Certified copy of latest academic transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivational letter/ You can also create a Tiktok (stating why you deserve the bursary and how will the awarded bursary help, both professionally and financially)
- Reference letter (signed by an educator/ coach/ adult who has taught or guided you)
- Household income proof (if employed, latest payslips of guardian or parents; if unemployed, then affidavit)
The closing date of Mukuru Bursary 2023 is 19 December 2022.
To solve queries regarding the bursary, contact
Tel: 086 001 8555 (From Monday to Sunday, between 08:00 to 19:00)
You can also join the live chat available on the application page ( From Monday to Sunday, between 08:00 to 19:00)
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/