In South Africa, Openserve is the leading provider of ICT infrastructure. They owned the country’s largest fixed broadband network. The Openserve network connects a wide range of internet services, mobile connections, landlines, and many more to optimize connections worldwide.
As part of its commitment to advancing the youth of the country, Openserve assists them in acquiring the necessary skills, and experience to succeed in the ICT sector and contribute to the success of the country. It is the company’s mission to make life better for South Africans.
Openserve Bursary 2022 – 2023
For the 2023 academic year, Openserve is offering a Centre of Excellence (CoE) Undergraduate Bursary Program.
Undergraduate studies in the following fields will be covered by the bursary:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- You must have successfully completed your matric degree
- To qualify, you must be enrolled in an undergraduate program in one of the above fields
- Studying in your 2nd or 3rd year is required
- Students in their second year must achieve a minimum of 70% for Technology or Engineering subjects, and a minimum of 65% for all other subjects.
- Students in the 3rd year of study would be expected to have achieved at least 70% in the Technology and Engineering subjects and an average of 65% or higher overall in the 2nd year of study.
- After completing your undergraduate studies, you must pursue a postgraduate degree (Master’s or Ph.D.) in the same field
- It is essential that you study at a university in South Africa that is recognized and accredited
How to Apply?
Applicants are required to submit their application online here: Openserve Bursary Application 2022
(Reference Number: TEL220711-1)
You are required to submit copies of the given mandatory documents along with the application. Note that it’s necessary to submit all the below-mentioned documents, in case of any missing documents, your application may get disqualified for the bursary program.
- Certified copies of your ID document
- Certified copy of your matric certificate
- Full academic records or transcripts on the letterhead of your institution
The application deadline is 31 July 2022. If you submit your application after this date, your application will not be considered – please ensure you submit it before the closing date.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/