For fully integrated payment systems, payroll, and accounting, Sage is the market leader. Although it does provide business solutions and expertise for larger businesses, the company specialises in the development of accounting and business management software for small and medium-sized businesses.
Sage has developed into a regional leader in business software solutions over the past 20 years, supported by the power of the Sage brand internationally. More than 11,000 employees of the company support millions of entrepreneurs in over 20 countries as they drive the world economy.
Sage Bursary 2024
Sage South Africa is providing an opportunity for students as the external bursary programme for the upcoming academic year of 2024.
The bursary applies to the following fields at the undergraduate level of study:
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Commerce (specialising in Accounting and Finance).
- Computer Science
By giving them financial aid to continue their education at the university level, Sage South Africa is dedicated to the upliftment of formerly underprivileged youth and youth who live with disabilities.
The Sage bursary will cover the following costs:
- Books and stationery
Eligibility Criteria For The Sage Bursary
All candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship. There should not be any exceptions.
- You must be a resident of South Africa.
- You must have experienced prior disadvantage (PDI)
- You must be enrolled in or have already completed high school.
- Disability-related students: You must be pursuing or plan to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree in any field.
- Students with disabilities: You must be in good standing in all of your current courses.
- Students without disabilities: You must be pursuing or plan to pursue an undergraduate degree in one of the aforementioned fields.
- Students who do not have a disability must have a current grade point average of at least 65%.
- You must be enrolled in, or accepted to enroll in, a South African public tertiary institution that is recognised and accredited.
- Students currently enrolled in the Matricula: You must have obtained a minimum score of 75% in Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Students currently enrolled in college must consistently maintain an overall average of at least 65%.
- You must earn less than R500 000 annually overall as a household.
Note: (if you have a total household income of less than R350 000 you are eligible to apply for NSFAS – if you have not received NSFAS funding you may apply)
- Students with disabilities will be get priority.
Sage Bursary Application Process
The applications have to be submitted online via StudyTrust. Click here to apply: Sage Bursary Application 2024.
Note: Please read the complete instructions here before starting your application.
All the mentioned documents must be submitted along with the application form. There should not be any missing documents or false documents.
- South African valid ID documents, certified copy.
- Matric diploma or most recent Matric results, certified copy.
- Full transcripts and academic record, certified copy.
- Proof of income from parents or guardians:
- The affidavit, if unemployed.
- Most recent financial statements if self-employed.
- Most recent paystubs or letters from an employer if employed, certified copy.
- Death certificates for parents or guardians, if they’re deceased, certified copy.
- Divorce decree from parents or guardians, if they are divorcing, certified copy.
- Parents’ or guardians’ oath, if they’re not together, certified copy.
- A profile photo.
- Evidence of address, certified copy.
- An essay responding to the following questions.
- A description of your background and your family’s situation.
- A list of all your accomplishments and leadership roles.
- A breakdown of your strengths and weaknesses.
- A discussion of how your chosen study programme relates to your interests, talents, and desired career.
- A personal statement to the main point.
Closing Date Of The Sage Bursary
The application deadline is 30 September 2023. Interested candidates must complete the application process before the deadline.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
Candidates can contact StudyTrust for any queries regarding the scholarship.
Email id: apply@StudyTrust.org.za
Telephone: 011 403 1632
Contact link: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us/
Mobile No.: 087 511 3373
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/