About Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA)
The Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) was established in April 2000 to ensure that training and skills development represent the needs and requirement of the sector. The CETA is accredited as an Education and Training Quality Assurance (ETQA) body by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). ETQA accreditation allowed the CETA to administer both the skills training and training providers.
The construction industry is divided into four major sub-sectors such as Building Construction, Built Environment Professions, Materials Manufacturing and Roads and Civil Construction. The CETA then provides skills development and training projects aimed at furthering South Africa’s human resources especially the construction workforce whose skills are valued in terms of the National Qualification Frameworks (NQF).
The CETA provides corporate services to the construction industry such as Communications & PR, Human Resources and Information Communication Technology. It also provides financial management and procurement services with its sub-units which includes Supply Chain Management, Management Accounting, Project Accounting and Financial Accounting.
Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) Bursaries
Bursaries are awarded to develop skills with special emphasis on scarce and critical skills. The bursary covers prescribed books and course material capped at R3500 per annum and tuition fees. Residence / accommodation costs may be given under certain conditions. The bursary will be paid directly to the accredited institutions on behalf of the student.
CETA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Senior Certificate / matriculation
- Completion of one or more years of study at a recognised tertiary institution
- South African citizens
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution recognised by CETA
- Grade 12 average of 60%, with Mathematics and Science both at 60% minimum
- Financial need
- Students of any construction-related fields
How to Apply and Application Details
- Visit the website bursary page for updated application form.
- Provide copy of relevant academic certificates progress reports, testimonials, examination results and other necessary documents required
- Sign the Bursary Agreement with CETA
31 August of each year
CETA Head Office
Address: 183 Kerk Street (Corner Old Pretoria Main Road), MIDRAND, 1685 Gauteng,
Tel: 011 265 5900