About Leomat Construction
Leomat Construction was established in 1979 as a multidisciplinary firm providing a variety of engineering professional services. It was founded by Leo Mattioda, who after completion of his studies, worked for two years as an engineer-in-training while doing side-jobs to save money to start his own firm. The company is based in Richards Bay, Kwa-Zulu Natal and has operations all over KZN which includes Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Ladysmith as well as Delmas, Gauteng.
Leomat provides products and services to the Construction, Mining, Energy and various Government departments mainly such as transport infrastructure, water sanitation and pipelines, concrete structures, bulk earthworks, mining infrastructure, landfill, material handling and plant hire as well as property infrastructure.
Leomat Construction is a 26% BEE empowerment deal in partnership with Menston Holdings giving the company a BBBEE Level 2 status.
Leomat Construction Bursaries
Leomat is offering bursaries to qualified learners who are currently studying BSc/ BEng/ BTech/ ND in the fields of Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Building Science and Construction Management. The bursary amount will pay for expenses such as tuition fees, examination fees, prescribed books and accommodation.
Bursary holders are required to perform vacation work at the Leomat Head Office during the holidays. Upon completion of studies, they will be required to work for Leomat.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Matric Completion
- Full time students of one of the qualifications mentioned above at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Students who are are already in or completed their first year of study
- Good academic performance
- Students with disabilities are eligible to apply
- KwaZulu-Natal residents will be given preference
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and fill-up the Leomat bursary application form.
- Attach certified copies of the following documents, together with the application form:
- Matric certificate / most recent academic results
- Tertiary Institution academic record to date
- Passport photo
- South African ID
- Proof of disability i.e. medical letter or SASSA card, if disabled
- Send completed application form and required documents to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated. If no response is received within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application
Opening & Closing Date
31 March 2019
Leomat Skills Development Facilitator
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on February 7, 2020)