About Master Builders Association
The Master Builders Association is an employers’ organization that represent the interests of its members as well as provide range of services such as training, contractual and legal assistance, occupational health and safety consulting, employee benefits schemes and member discounts. It is registered in terms of the Labour Relations Act and has been in existence for 116 years as a respected association by the role players in the building industry. The organization consists of around 760 enterprises in the building industry in the province of KwaZulu Natal. MBA KwaZulu-Natal also offers services to the public which includes the builder and supplier online directories, information access and dispute resolution assistance.
Master Builders Association Bursaries
Master Builders bursary fund was created in 2015 to help financially disadvantaged students to pursue their career as well as address the issue of skills scarcity in the building and construction industry. The programme is open to deserving applicants every year and preference is given to South African citizens living within the KwaZulu-Natal province who wish to continue studies in the building industry related fields.
Bursaries are awarded for but not limited to Apprenticeships, National certificate qualifications, Diplomas and Degrees or any other related qualification as approved by the Associations’ Bursary Committee. Bursaries are granted for one year and are renewable based on satisfactory academic progress of the holder. The bursary only covers the cost of annual tuition fees.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens with complete basic education within the jurisdiction of the MBA Western Cape and MBA Boland
- Students pursuing an education in the Built Environment (Building & Civil) related fields at any accredited institutions
- Applicants already employed by a member company for a minimum straight period of 36 months will be given preference
- Applicants who are family members of MBAWC company employees
- Proven financial need
- Full-time students of university or university of technology with good academic performance
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the Master Builders Association Bursary Application Form
- Accompany your applications with the certified copies of the following documents:
- ID Document
- Proof of last academic results
- Proof of registration from Institution
- Send your complete application and documents to:
- Post: The Communications Officer, MBA WC Development Trust, PO Box 382 Rondebosch 7701
- Hand Delivered: The MBA Office, Belmont Square Belmont Road Rondebosch
First-year applications will not be considered.
Applicants have the responsibility to apply for entrance to a tertiary institution situated in the Western Cape, this application is for the bursary programme only.
Successful candidates will be advised by 13 December and will be advised by the Communications Officer by 31 January next year of their acceptance.
Master Builders KwaZulu-Natal Training Academy
Address: 40 Essex Terrace, Berea West, Durban, 3629
Post: P.O. Box 582 Westville 3630
Tel: 031 266 7070