About Arup Group Limited
Founded in 1946 by Sir Ove Arup, Arup Group Limited is a multinational professional service company that provides services across the built environment sector. The company provides project management services. It helps in planning, designing, consulting, and engineering projects. The establishment is at the heart of some of the most prominent projects in the built environment sector. With headquarters in London, Arup Group Limited has 92 offices throughout 35 countries employing more than 13,000 staff members.
Established in 2011, the Arup Education Trust aims to better the lives of disadvantaged students through the power of education. Under the guidance of a pragmatic team, Arup Education Trust works relentlessly to integrate adequate funding and proper guidance and mentorship to create an environment that is the best for the beneficiaries. The trust is committed to improving the lives of female students by improving their skills and guiding them with their scholarships and bursaries.
Arup Education Trust Bursary 2024
Arup Education Trust is awarding students bursaries for the upcoming academic year. The bursaries will be awarded for a built environment degree in the fields of architecture, town planning, construction studies, quantity surveying, and engineering.
The bursaries are provided with the vision of helping meritorious students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds. Shortlisted candidates are not obligated to work but must remain in South Africa for three years after graduation to extend their service to the country.
Prior to bursary application, applicants must complete the following eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must be a citizen of South Africa, coming from a designated group (per South Africa’s B-BBEE codes), i.e., Black African, Asian/ Indian, Coloured or disabled
- It is essential to complete the Matric examination
- The candidate must be entering the first year of study in built environment degree in an accredited and recognized South African tertiary institution
- The applicant must have a strong academic background
- The combined family income of the applicant must not exceed R30 000 per month
How To Apply?
Applications must be submitted online at: Arup Education Trust Bursary Application 2024
Applicants must send the following documents to complete the application. Please submit all the documents in pdf format and the size of the documents should not be more than 2MB.
- Certifies copy of South African ID document
- Certified copy of Matric certificate or latest Matric result.
- Complete university transcripts or academic records, preferably on the letterhead of the university (if you are at a university)
- Latest fees statement from the university on their letterhead (if you are at a university)
- Proof of income of parents/ guardians (If employed, then latest payslips; if unemployed, then affidavit needs to be provided if applicable SASSA grant slips should be sent as well)
The closing date for Arup Education Trust Bursary is 31 December 2023. Arup Education Trust Bursary will not consider applications if it passes the given deadline.
To receive any information related to the bursary, candidates can contact:
Tel No: 011 218 7600
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/