About Haw & Inglis (H&I)
Founded in 1984, Haw & Inglis (H&I) Construction (Pty) Ltd. is a multidisciplinary Construction Company in South Africa that specializes in the large and complex construction projects of buildings, highways, roads, bridges, civil, mining, renewable energy, marine, and water infrastructure. The Group is primarily based in the Western Cape, but it has expanded its foot across other SADC countries as well.
The company’s main focus is major provincial and national arterial roads and urban highways. However, H&I has also expanded its expertise to urban infrastructure, and select commercial, industrial, residential, and sporting building projects.
To support its roadwork activities, the H&I Group has a strong vertical integration with in-house concrete and crushing work operations.
In South Africa, Haw & Inglis is recognized as one of the industry-leading Construction companies to operate in three fully integrated divisions, namely:
- Civil and Building
- Roads and Earthworks
- Mechanical, Water & Electrical
The company heavily invests in the fields of Infrastructure Development, Construction, and Engineering. H&I Engineering is a Level 1 BBBEE Contributor and has ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 certifications.
Recently, H&I International Ltd. was headquartered in the United Kingdom as an investment holding company of H&I Engineering. It is also based on the same high standards as that of South Africa’s Haw & Inglis Group.
Haw & Inglis Bursary and Gap Year 2024
A Cape-town-based civil and building contractor viz, H&I Construction is inviting the matriculants (all Grade 12 learners) to apply for their Matric Gap Year Programme 2024.
The selected candidates will have the opportunity to participate in various Construction/Civil Engineering disciplines as follows:
- Renewable Energy
- New Road Construction and Rehabilitation
- Structural Concrete Works
- Solar Power
- Marine, Water and Sanitation
- Commercial Building
H&I will award the bursaries after the completion of the Gap Year Programme based on the following criteria:
- Overall performance of site during the Gap Year
- Acceptance to either of the below given tertiary institutions to pursue a degree in BSc / BEng / BEng Tech / Diploma in Civil Engineering / Construction Management / Construction.
- The internal committee will make the final decision
The Sponsored Universities are as follows:
- University of Cape Town
- University of Pretoria
- University of Johannesburg
- Stellenbosch University
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Nelson Mandela University
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Students willing to apply for the Haw & Inglis Matric Gap Year Programme 2024 must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be in Grade 12 in the year 2023
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must be willing to take a “Gap Year” in 2024
- Must have a minimum of 60% in PURE / TECHNICAL MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICAL SCIENCE
- Must be willing to pursue a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction in the year 2025
- Must be willing to relocate within the borders of South Africa for the duration of the year 2024
H&I will only consider students abiding by the above-stated criteria.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Haw & Inglis Matric Gap Year Programme 2024, students need to forward their CV, ID document, and latest Grade 12 results via email to the following address:
Email Subject Line: Scholar Recruitment 2024
Note: There is no application form to fill out for the H&I Matric Gap Year Programme 2024. Students simply need to provide the above-mentioned documents via email.
Applicants must submit the following documents to apply for the H&I Matric Gap Year Programme 2024:
- ID Document (certified copy)
- CV or Resume
- Latest Grade 12 results
The application deadline is 30 August 2023.
For any queries related to the Haw & Inglis Matric Gap Year Programme 2024, contact the following:
Tel: +27 21 976 1110
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/