About Master Builders
Master Builders represents the South African building and construction industry at the national level. It operates as a federation and advocates for the interest of the construction industry members, contractors, and employers. Today, Master Builders has over 4,000 members.
The Master Builders and Allied Traders’ Association, Western Cape (MBAWC) is an affiliation of Master Builders. It was founded in 1891 to focus more on the Western Cape region. MBAWC has a membership of about 400 who primarily consists of contractors, subcontractors, merchants, and manufacturers.
Master Builders Association Western Cape Bursary 2024
The Master Builders Association Western Cape is offering bursaries to a certain number of students. The MBAWC bursary programme aims to help meritorious students in Western Cape complete their education by funding their studies. As a result, the region benefits from a larger pool of qualified professionals. The bursaries are open to students pursuing either a University Degree or National Diploma.
For the upcoming academic session, here are the fields of study where the bursaries will be awarded (for those pursuing a university degree):
- Civil Engineering (BSc)
- Construction Studies (BSc) (UCT)
- Construction Management (BSc Hons) (UCT)
- Quantity Surveying (BSc Hons) (UCT)
- Project Management (MSc)
- Masters studies
For students pursuing National Diploma, the fields of study are:
- Construction (Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Extended)
- Construction Health & Safety (Advanced Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying
- Master of Construction
Initially, the bursary will be awarded for one academic session. Bursars can apply for funding for the next based on satisfactory academic performance and availability.
The value of the bursary will depend on the tuition fees. Besides the tuition fees, the bursary programme will not cover other expenses like meals, textbooks, or accommodation. Students are supposed to pay for them.
Eligibility Criteria For The MBAWC Bursary
To be selected for the bursary funding, you must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria laid out by MBAWC. The purpose of the criteria is to select suitable candidates for the bursary. Since there are a limited number of bursaries on offer, it cannot award to everyone. Failing to meet any of the criteria will lead to rejection. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for Master Builders Association Western Cape Bursary are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matriculation that falls under the MBA Western Cape jurisdiction
- Must be either studying or willing to take up one of the aforementioned qualifications
- Must be either studying or willing to study at a tertiary institution that is accredited and located in Western Cape province
- The household income should make you ineligible for NSFAS funding (i.e., it should not exceed the amount defined by NSFAS)
- Must not be receiving funds from other bursary funds or SETA/CETA
Fulfilling all of the eligibility criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee funding. Preference is given to applicants who are employees of any MBAWC member company or their family members. Applicants who are currently employed at a member company for at least 24 consecutive months and are eligible for the BIBC benefit system will also get priority. The decision taken by MBAWC regarding the selection will be considered final.
How to Apply For The MBAWC Bursary?
The application process for the Master Builders Association Western Cape Bursary is easy and takes less than half an hour. However, be diligent throughout the process to avoid making errors. Such submissions are instantly rejected.
To get started, download and complete the MBAWC Bursary Application Form 2024.(pdf)
The form has six sections, and you need to complete all of them. Do not skip any question unless otherwise stated.
You have to prepare the following documents:
- A photograph of yourself attached to the application form
- ID documents
- Latest academic results
- Proof of acceptance at the tertiary institution
- A motivational letter supporting your application
- An affidavit confirming your household income not exceeding NSFAS specifications
You can email the documents and the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Insert the words “MBAWC Bursary 2024” in the email subject line.
The last date to apply for the Master Builders Association Western Cape Bursary is 19 January 2024.
For more details regarding the bursary, contact Benjamin Zantsi (Training Officer), the Training Officer, at email@example.com.
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/