About The Msunduzi Municipality
Msunduzi Local Municipality is a local municipality in Umgungundlovu District Municipality, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa which encompasses the city of Pietermaritzburg.
Pietermaritzburg is located within the Msunduzi Municipal boundary and is the capital city of the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal. Currently, Pietermaritzburg is a modern South African city that is home to over 600 000 people of diverse cultures. It has become an educational centre of excellence and home to international events such as the Comrades Marathon, the Duzi Marathon, the Midmar Mile, the Royal & Garden Show, Art & Cars in the Park and International cycling events.
The Msunduzi Municipality Bursaries
Msunduzi Municipality bursaries are offered to candidates who plans to study towards the qualifications in the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- National Diploma: Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- BSc: Civil Engineering
- National Diploma: Civil Engineering
- Bachelor in Town & Regional Planning
- National Diploma: Town Planning
- National Diploma: Land Survey
- BCom in Internal Audit
- National Diploma: Internal Audit
- National Diploma: Risk Management
Msunduzi Municipality Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Grade 12 students
- Pietermaritzburg residents who are willing to learn & work in Local Government
- South African Citizen
- Disadvantaged background
- University acceptance
How to Apply and Application Details
- Print and complete the Msunduzi Municipality Bursary Application Form. (PDF)
- Submit the application form together with:
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- Grade 12 results
- Cover letter
- Fees Schedule
- Letter of registration from institution
- Proof of household income
- Submit through either of the following methods:
- Post: The Msunduzi Municipality, Private Bag x 321, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200
- Hand Delivered: Prof Nyembezi Building, Ground Floor, Foyer Application Box, 341 Church St, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3201
If no response received within eight weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Applications are currently closed.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
Mrs. Bongiwe Hlubi
Post: The Msunduzi Municipality, Private Bag x 321, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200
Address: Prof Nyembezi Building, Ground Floor, Foyer Application Box, 341 Church St, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3201
Tel. No: 033-392 2804