About SAMSTIP Teacher Internship Bursaries 2022
SAMSTIP (South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme) welcomes eligible teachers for the 2022 teacher internship bursaries.
SAMSTIP was initiated by ISASA with a vision to help solve the severe shortage of trained teachers in South Africa. Specifically, ISASA saw the need to have qualified teachers for science and mathematics. The organization collaborates with South Africa’s Department of Basic Education and Investec Bank.
To help fulfill its vision, SAMSTIP is providing bursaries to aspiring FET (Senior and Further Education and Training) teachers who specialize in mathematics and science in preparation for a twelve-month PGCE (Post-Graduate Certificate in Education) at the University of South Africa (UNISA).
SAMSTIP Teacher Internship Bursaries 2022 Requirements and Eligibility
The SAMSTIP Teacher Internship Bursaries 2022 is open to the public and is targeting only qualified applicants in the science and mathematics field. All applicants MUST meet the following qualifications.
- They must be students in tertiary institutions who are in their final year with credits in Mathematics, Life Science, Natural Science, or Physical Science.
- University graduates with the above degrees
- Applicants must be citizens of South Africa with a clean criminal record
- Applicants must be below thirty years old with majors in the above subjects
- Any graduate registered for PGCE with a tertiary institution is not eligible
- All applicants must have acceptance letters for PGCE 2022 academic year and must be qualified with all institutional and legal protocols
- All graduates MUST be at least in their second year (NQF -6) or 3rd year (NQF-6) in at least one of the above-mentioned academic subjects in a tertiary academic institution
The bursary will cover the following
- Tuition fees
- Textbooks (only those prescribed)
- A small monthly stipend
Benefits for successful candidates
Successful candidates will enjoy several benefits from the programme including
- Mentorship by professional teachers with many years of experience
- Candidates will have access to quality learning, access to best technology and resources
- Candidates will receive their training in the best ISASA member schools
- They will get services with value addition and targeted support
Criteria for applying for SAMSTIP Teacher Internship Bursaries 2022
Before applying for SAMSTIP Teacher Internship Bursaries 2022, ensure you have the following documents. Your application will be rejected if you fail to attach all required documents.
- Certified copy of your identity document
- Certified copy of your matric certificate
- Your academic transcript printed on the letterhead of your tertiary institution
- Your degree or diploma certificate
- Proof that you have applied for admission or is admitted at UNISA
- Certified copy of your current tertiary record if you are in a tertiary institution
Note that all applications shall be done and submitted online by visiting https://www.samstip.org/intern-applications-for-2022/. If you feel you want to do a hardcopy application, make a request by sending an email to slindilesisasa.org.
All hardcopy applications must be posted to 16 St. David Road, Houghton, 2198. To help you understand the process better, download and read the application FAQs here. Before submitting your application form, remember to scan all your supporting documents including your academic certificates, and send them together with the application.
Take note of the deadline for application submissions will be 31 May 2021. Prepare and fill in your application form and submit it before that date because any submissions after that date shall be automatically rejected.
Who to contact for more information
Applicants MUST take note of the following important contacts to help them with follow-up of the process.
- All applications shall be emailed to www.unisa.ac.za
- Tracing your application: – if you want to follow up on your application, visit www.unisa.ac.za and then click on the icon apply then undergraduate qualifications and follow the prompts.
- If your application fails to go through and you feel it was not favorable, email SAMSTIP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you don’t receive any response whether you qualified or not, send an email to email@example.com