About Accenture SA
Accenture SA is the South African subsidiary of Accenture, a global IT services company. It has a clientele of over 350,000 in 120 countries. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Accenture began operating in South Africa from the year 1971 onwards. So far, it has close to 2,000 staff members in the country.
Accenture SA offers a wide range of IT services primarily to large businesses and government agencies. From digitizing operations to automation to cloud services, the company handles it all.
Accenture SA Education Trust Scholarships 2022
Accenture SA runs an education trust that funds a certain number of students every year. The trust selects students who come from an economically disadvantaged but strong academic background. They should be high performers in their respective areas of study.
The students can be either in the second, third, or fourth year of study. They can apply for the scholarship and get the funding.
For the academic year 2022, here are the field of study that the applicants should major in:
- Computer Engineering (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc)
- Data Engineering (Big Data Analytics, PG Diploma in Data Analytics and Business Intelligence)
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering (BEng)
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Informatics (BCom)
- Information Systems (BCom/BSc)
- Information Engineering (BEng)
- Information and Knowledge Systems (BSc)
- Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (BSc)
- Micro Electronic Engineering (BEng)
- Stats and Data Science (BCom)
The scholarship is awarded on a yearly basis and is renewed based on the academic performance of the current year. Bursars will receive a full scholarship that covers the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Exam fees
- Prescribed books cost
- Accommodation (in residence only)
You’ll also receive a laptop allowance should you need one. Also, during the course of their studies, bursars will receive mentorships to further their careers.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To avail of the scholarship fund, students will need to meet the eligibility criteria. This is important because Accenture receives thousands of applications and has to select only a handful of them. Ineligible applications are discarded first without further consideration.
Eligibility requirements for Accenture SA Education Trust Scholarship 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must be pursuing a full-time degree in any of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must be studying at one of the following tertiary institutes:
- Must have a strong academic performance
- Must have an overall average of no less than 65%
- The family household income should be between R 350,000 to R 600,000
Fulfilling all the criteria does not guarantee selection. It’s at the sole discretion of Accenture SA, and the list they publish will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, move forward with the application process. It’s all online, and you’ll be done within a few hours. But it’s necessary that you be diligent when completing the steps.
Here are the steps involved in applying for the Accenture SA Education Trust Scholarships 2022:
Submit the Online Application
The first step is to submit the online application for the scholarship. So, visit the Accenture online portal and create an account using your email address.
Then, log in to your account and fill out the form available. You need to provide your personal details, work experience, and related details. There will also be a “Voluntary Disclosure” page that you need to agree to. Finally, review your application on the “Summary Page” before submitting it.
Along with your application, you need to submit the necessary documents. These will be used to process your application. The documents required are:
- ID documents
- Matric final results
- Academic transcripts
- Academic records, including 2021 progress reports or mid-year exam results
- Household proof of income (income tax return, payslips, pension receipt, etc.)
Make sure all the documents are certified copies.
After a final review, submit your application. A confirmation message will be sent to your email.
The last date to apply for the Accenture SA Education Trust Scholarships is 15 October 2021.
Applications submitted past this date will not be considered. You’ll get the list of applicants selected for the scholarship shortly afterward, which will be communicated to you via email.
For any queries, get in touch with the bursary provider at their Contact Us page.
Please do NOT contact Accenture SA if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries and scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/