AfriSam’s Aggregate and Readymix Operations division in the Cape Region is inviting qualified full-time students to apply for bursary opportunities in the field of engineering and other studies.
The bursary programme will provide financial assistance to students who are registered for studies at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa. The bursary will be award in the following fields of study:
- Mining Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Supply Chain
- BSC Chemistry
- Human Resources (HR)
- Other technical qualifications
The bursary will be made available for the full duration of the student course, subject to the student passing all registered courses. The bursary will cover the following:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Examination fee
- Residence free
AfriSam South Africa was founded in 1934 as Anglo Alpha Cement Ltd, changing the name to Alpha Ltd in 1996 and later to Holcim South Africa Ltd in 2004 and became one of the largest suppliers of construction materials in the southern African region. It has also operations in South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and Swaziland. The company specializes in Cement, Readymix, Aggregate and Premix production. It exports construction products to Botswana, Mozambique, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Rwanda and Burundi.
In addition to this, AfriSam also offers value added services such as cement services, concrete pumping and concrete laser flooring as well as technical services including technical assistance, product development, CPE training, Civil Engineering promotion and industry board consultation.
AfriSam is a Level 6 Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) contributor and have provided employment and opportunities to around 2000 employees and 1000 contractors. The company’s value encompasses People through integrity and respect actions, Planet by responsible approach to protect and conserve the environment and Performance by providing quality products and services. AfriSam is a major shareholder of Tanga Cement PLC, which is listed as its brand name Simba Cement on the Tanzanian Stock Exchange.
AfriSam Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- The minimum academic record of 60% average in matric
- Good behavioral standards
- Proven financial needs
- Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged South African candidates and women
- Be willing to work for AfriSam if needed.
- Be willing to relocate.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and complete the AfriSam Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
Accompany your application with the following documents:
- A certified copy of your ID document.
- A certified copy of your matric certificate
- A certified copy of your full tertiary academic record.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter (explaining why you should be awarded the bursary, your selected field of study and why you need financial assistance)
- A certified copy of your Parents / Guardian ID documents.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Complete the application form, attach all documents and email it to [email protected]
(Insert the words “Afrisam Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
- Hand-delivered to Human Resources (HR) at any of the on-site Afrisam branch.
15 November 2019.
Address: Cnr 14th Ave & Hendrik Potgieter Rd Roodepoort, Gauteng
Tel: 0860 141 141 / (011) 670 5500
Fax: (011) 670 5793
Email: [email protected]