The Armaments Corporation of South Africa (Armscor) is a division of South African Department of Defence. It employs around 1500 employees and is in operations since 1968. It offers scholarships to exceptional students through the Armscor Bursary Scheme. The primary objective of this scheme is to address the engineering and critical science skills of the defence industry.
They achieve this objective by focusing on the improvement and promotion of results in science, mathematics, and other technical subjects. The bursaries will go to deserving students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds and intend to study full time in the science and engineering fields.
Armscor External Bursary 2021
Armscor in partnership with the defence industry is offering bursaries to exceptional learners through the Armscor Bursary Scheme. The aim of this bursary scheme is to address the critical science and engineering skills of the defence industry, by focusing on promoting and improving results in Maths, Science and technical subjects at schools.
The bursaries will be awarded to learners from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who intend to study full time in the engineering and science fields of study.
The Armscor group will award scholarships for the following:
- Applied Mathematics
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Chemistry and Physics
- Human Kinetics & Ergonomics Science
- Electronics or Electrical (Light Current) Engineering
- Information Technology
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Sciences
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Naval or Marine Engineering
The bursary will cover the following:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed books
- Vacation work (if applicable)
Armscor External Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify for this bursary, interested applicant should satisfy the following entry criteria:
- They must show interest in working in the defense industry.
- They should achieve levels of 5,6, and 7 in Physical Science, English, and Mathematics.
- They must intend to study or be currently studying within one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- They must intend to study or be currently studying at one of the recognised tertiary institutions in South Africa.
- They must possess excellent academic results.
How to Apply and Application Details
Students who wish to apply for this bursary will need to download the application form:
Applicants must submit the following documents together with the fully accomplished application form:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- A certified copy of their Matric Mid-year results for the applicants who are currently enrolled in Matric.
- A certified copy of the Matric certificate for applicants who have completed Matric.
- Certified copies of the applicant’s full academic record if currently at the tertiary level.
- Certified copies of the ID documents of the applicants’ parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Copies of the proof of income of the applicant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) including their latest payslips, an employment letter, SASSA grant letter, or an affidavit for informal traders.
- A copy of a death certificate of the applicant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) if they are already deceased.
Interested applicants must also submit the following documents during the final stages of the selection process:
- A certified copy of the final Matric results
- Proof of registration or University acceptance letter
- Student number
- If currently studying at the tertiary level, a copy of the fees statement
Applicants must submit their applications to:
Applicants should indicate ‘’ArmscorBursary Application-Your Full Name” in the subject line.
Send hard copies to the Senior Manager at:
Learning & Organisation Development
Armscor LTD, Private Bag X337
28 February 2021
Address: Learning & Organisation Development, Armscor LTD, Private Bag X337, Pretoria, 0001
Telephone #: 012428 2421
Email Address: email@example.com