About Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality is located in the southeastern part of Limpopo Province and northeastern part of Mpumalanga Province. The municipality connects Lydenburg and other centres in the lowveld, specifically Hoedspruit, Pilgrim Rest and Graskop.
The Municipality covers 198,000 hectares of land area which consist of 1970 hectares of agricultural land, 1860 hectares of residential area as well as some bodies of water. Bushbuckridge Local Municipality consists of 135 settlements and is divided into 34 wards.
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursaries 2021
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality bursaries are open to students who want to continue studies in:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Computer Science
- Tourism Management
- Accounting (BCom)
- Development Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning (Town Planning)
- Quantity Surveying
- Agricultural Studies
- Public Management
- Financial Management
- Youth in Development
- Social Science
- other Management studies
Bursaries will be awarded to candidates who belong to indigent families and are residing within the municipal area of jurisdiction.
The bursary will only be given to the allocated field of study, change of course is not allowed. Applicants who are currently studying at a higher education institution are not eligible to apply.
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- The South African citizen residing in Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
- Students of the above-mentioned fields of studies
- Proven financial need
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
- Submit your application with the following documents:
- Certified copies of birth certificate or ID
- Certified copies of salary parents/guardians proof of income
- Certified copies of grade 12 certificate or a copy of grade 12 June examination results
- For applicants with disability, provide certification from a medical doctor
- Acceptance letter from a tertiary institution
- Proof of residence
- A letter from a local social worker confirming the indigent status
- Complete the application form along with your other documents to the municipal Head Office and/or nearest municipal Regional Office. Check the contact details section below.
Email, faxed and incomplete forms will not be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted. If no response received by the end of February, consider applications unsuccessful.
29 January 2021
Post: Bushbuckridge Local Municipality, Private Bag X 9308, Bushbuckridge, 1280
Physical Address: R533 Graskop Road, Opposite Mapulaneng
Tel: 071 675 9366
Fax: +27 13 799 1865