Canyon Coal Bursaries
The Canyon Coal bursary was founded mainly to address the shortage of skills required within the Mining Sector. The bursary fund programme also has some main objectives, Such as;
- Aims to help deserving individuals who have potential but financially disadvantaged to continue studying through higher education
- Promote education based on needs and necessity,
- Introduce education as the heart of socio-economic development,
- Acknowledgment of education as right regardless of race, religion and gender,
- Address the needs and demands of skilled personnel to meet the challenges of a democratic South Africa in striving for effective delivery of service to the poor, vulnerable and the needy.
- Canyon Coal recognizes the need to administer and manage the bursary fund in an equitable, fair and transparent manner to fulfill the needs of the company and also redress the effects of the Apartheid System specifically in education. The intention is to balance the individual applicant’s career aspirations with the service delivery imperatives of Canyon Coal.
The company committee grants bursaries annually for all critical fields.
About Canyon Coal
Canyon Coal is a coal mining and exploration group of companies with operations in the Mpumalanga and Gauteng provinces of South Africa, as well as Hakhano, Phalanndwa and Singani Collieries. Hakhano and Singani produce bituminous coal for the export market while Phalanndwa Colliery produces a sub-bituminous product for both local and export markets.
The company has also active exploration activities such as Khanye Colliery in Bronkhorstspruit, Gauteng, where a mining right was granted to develop the resource. It also has further upcoming projects including Ukufisa Colliery in Gauteng, De Wittekrans and Witfontein in Mpumalanga which will start in the year 2018 as well as the Springfield in Vereeniging to start in 2019.
Canyon Coal Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Admission to an Institution of Higher Education
- Students who wish to continue studies within the Mining sectors
- Proven financial need
- Good academic performance
- Residents within the mining area such as Middelburg or Delmas
How to Apply and Application Details
- Bursary application forms and bursary policy document are accessible to all offices and all staff of Canyon Coal
- Submit application to the Human Resources Manager
Opening and Closing Date
The opening date of this bursary for the new application usually 1st day of May. And the closing date for application is 30 October every year.
Physical Address: 7th Floor, 13 Fredman Drive, Fredman Towers, Sandton, 2196, Johannesburg, South Africa
Postal Address: P.O.Box 2632, Saxonwold, 2132
Tel: +27 11 783 7996
Fax: +27 11 783 0816
Email: [email protected]