De Beers Bursaries
De Beers is inviting un-bonded applicants studying at University or Universities of Technology to apply for a limited number of bursaries for 2020 academic year.
Preference will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year students already studying in the following fields:
- Mining Engineering (with specializtion in Rock Engineering, Mine Ventilation OR Mine Planning)
- Mine Survey
- Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical OR Chemical)
- Geology specializing in Rock Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering
The bursary is renewable annually, based on the bursary holders’ academic performance. After graduation, bursary holders may be required to work for De Beers or Worley Parsons for a period equivalent to the duration the bursary is awarded.
About De Beers
De Beers is the world’s leading diamond company. Its two shareholders are Anglo American and the Government of the Republic of Botswana. It has more than 20000 employees globally. The company is involved in exploration, mining, sorting, valuing and selling of rough diamonds; marketing and selling of polished diamonds and jewellery; and developing synthetic diamonds for industrial use.
De Beers has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and London, UK. Beside South Africa, De Beers also has mining sites in Botswan, Namibia and Canada. It sells two famous diamond brands namely De Beers Jewellery and Forevermark.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Minimum of an APS pass rate of 5 for Mathematics and Science for Grade 12
- N3 in Mathematics and Science will given consideration
- Un-bonded students
- Limpopo Province residents will be given preference
- Applicants from previously disadvantaged background will be given preference
How to Apply and Application Details
Send the following documents addressed to Lynn Berowsky to [email protected]:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Complete and latest academic record
- Matric certificate
- Any proof of place of birth
If you are not contacted by November, consider your application unsuccessful. Short-listed applicants will be required to undergo psychometric assessments and interviews.
Closing Date 31 October 2018
Address: Cnr. Crownwood Road and Diamond Drive Theta/Booysens Reserve
Post: Private Bag X01, Southdale 2193 Johannesburg South Africa
Tel: +27 (0) 11 374 7000