About Durban eThekwini
eThekwini is a metropolitan municipality and is one of the 11 districts of KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa that includes the city of Durban. eThekwini Municpality is responsible for governing and administering Durban. The eThekwini Metro Area (EMA) has racial and cultural diversity with an estimated over 3.46 million population according to South Africa Community Survey 2007 statistics.
Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursaries
EThekwini Municipality is offering bursaries to South African citizens interested in studying full time in recognized public South African Universities in the field of Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying and Applied Chemistry.
This Bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, book and meal allowance as well as computer allowance which is subject to agreement. The applicant has the responsibility to apply for admission to the accredited public higher education institution of choice as proven by letter of acceptance from the institution. The Bursary is only accepted for study programmes not less than three-year duration.
Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Good academic merit
- Students of accredited South African Higher Education Institution
- Priority will be given to applicants who are underrepresented in terms of race, gender and disability and to eThekwini residents
- Students who passed their first year will be given preference
- Applicants underrepresented in terms of race, gender
How to Apply and Application Details
- Secure an application form from EThekwini Municipal Academy at 11th floor, Shell House, 221 Anton Lembede Street, Durban
- Submit the following documents with the application form at the EThekwini Municipal Academy office:
- South African ID
- Most recent academic record or Matric second and third term results
- Proof of acceptance from University
- Send applications to 11th floor, Shell House, 221 Anton Lembede Street, Durban
17 November at 12.00PM
eThekwini Municipal Academy
Address: 11th floor, Shell House, 221 Anton Lembede Street, Durban
Tel: (031) 3113192
Email: [email protected]