About Engen Petroleum
Engen dates back in 1881 when Vacuum Oil was introduced to South Africa. It was first named as Mobil International in 1989 and by 1993, it renamed to Engen. Today, Engen is providing oil products such as vehicle fuel and lubricants, industrial fuels and lubricants, aviation fuel and lubricants, marine fuel and lubricants, bitumen as well as other chemicals and special products to manufacturing, distribution, marketing, health, safety, environment and quality and support sectors. The company has a presence in 18 African countries and Indian Ocean islands with products exported to more than 30 countries.
Engen Petroleum Bursaries
Engen is now inviting all deserving applicants with appropriate required skills to apply for the Engen bursary scheme. The candidates must be a student or planning to pursue studies in the following fields:
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Matric level
- Minimum 70 % academic average
- Students of the above-mentioned discipline who are already accepted in a university
- The following skills will also be observed:
- Solution oriented and problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Flair for numbers (for Accounting and Supply Chain/Transport Economics applicants)
- People with disability are also encouraged to apply.
How to Apply and Application Details
Applications must be done online at Engen Careers website. Before you can apply, you required to Register an account by clicking here.
And click on the “Graduate Recruitment” section and search for bursaries. Select the open bursary program that you would like to apply.
Submit clear copies of the following documentation along with your online application:
- A certified copy of your South African ID
- A certified copy of your Matric National Senior Certificate
- University Proof of Registration
- Curriculum Vitae
Note- All those documents are compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded.
Make sure you check the company website for accurate opening and closing date of their bursaries.
Usually Engen Petroleum bursaries open in the beginning of each year and closes on 30 April .
Post: Engen Court, Thibault Square, corner of Riebeeck and Long Street, PO Box 35 CAPE TOWN 8000
Tel: +27 (21) 403 4911
Fax: +27 (21) 403 4067