About Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality
Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality was officially declared on January 21, 2010, from the former name Greater Marble Hall Local Municipality. The local municipality is located in the Cultural Heartland of the Sekhukhune District, Limpopo Province, in South Africa.
The municipality name was based after Ephraim Mogale who is a freedom gallant, a combatant for life and a patriot to the end. The Municipality has a total of three Satellite offices located at Moganyaka (Leeuwfontein), Matlerekeng (Zamenkomst) and Elandskraal.
In 2001 census, Ephraim Mogale was divided into main towns namely Elandskraal, Marble Hall, Matlala, Mokerong, Moutse 1, Nebo, Potgietersrus, Rahlangane Part 1 and Rahlangane Part 2, Van der Merwe’s Kraal and other remaining town of the municipality.
Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality Bursaries
The Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality is inviting applicants within the municipality to apply for financial assistance in the for the upcoming 2020 academic year.
The Ephraim Mogale Bursary Scheme prioritizes the previously disadvantaged and deep rural communities in the province of Mpumalanga. In addition, females and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply..
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Students residing in the Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality
- Students of Agriculture, Engineering (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical), Finance or Commerce, Record Management, Information Communication Technology, Tourism and Town Planning
- Good academic records
- Applicants with proven financial need will be given preference
How to Apply and Application Details
- Apply using one of the following options:
- Submit the following document together with the application form:
- Certified copy of the birth certificate or identification document (ID).
- Certified copies of salary statements of both parents/ guardians or an affidavit. In the case of death of one or both parents, submit certified copies of death certificates.
- Certified copies of Grade 12 certificate (or certified copy of Grade 12 June examination results if you are currently in Grade 12) and latest examination results if you are already studying at a higher education institution.
- In the case of applicants who state they have a disability, provide proof from a registered medical doctor or clinic/ hospital.
- Mid-term results if you are already studying at a tertiary institution or a university acceptance letter if you are not registered at a tertiary institution.
- Proof of residential address e.g. municipal water and lights account that is not older than three months. For those who live in informal settlements, you can provide an affidavit from South African Police Services (SAPS) and or Right to Occupy (RTO) or Permission to Occupy (PTO) from Local Traditional leaders.
- A stamped letter from the Comprehensive Rural Development Programme (CRDP) coordinator at the local municipality confirming proof of residence for those who reside in CRDP municipalities.
- A letter from a local social worker confirming indigent status, if applicable.
- Send the applications using one of the following ways:
- Hand-delivered to Provincial office of the Department of Education located at:
Riverside Government Complex building number 5 upper ground floor, District Offices
- Posted to the following address:
The Bursary Unit
Mpumalanga Department of Education
Private Bag X 11341
Note: Faxed or emailed application forms will not be considered
Applicants not contacted within 30 days after the closing date may assume unsuccessful application.
31 October 2019.
Post: P O Box 111, MARBLE HALL, 0450
Tel: (013) 261 8400 I 8408